Thursday, November 17, 2011

Reflections...

Yes, I know it's not the end of the year as yet but these last few weeks I've been contemplating writing this post.

Reason why I've been contemplating is because this post is relatively personal especially with this blog being an open blog.

I seriously thank God every single day recently for the past 6 months I've had.
It was a pretty rocky start and although I tried to put up a strong front, it hasn't been easy on me and probably those around me as well.
Basically, it all started before Kylie came along.
My company announced a major restructure just as I was about to go deliver my darling daughter.
On top of that fear of losing my job, I had gone into a slight post natal depression as you'd probably noticed in my blog posts.
It wasn't Kylie, she was relatively easy baby and I had great help (just that I was too blinded by my personal expectations at that point of time).
As a first time mum, it's always easy to say that I'm going to take it easy but when the circumstances hit you, it's not EASY at all!
All the breastfeeding, the sleepless nights, the working husband, the in-laws and especially the EXPECTATIONS! It all amounts up to a mountain of issues!
Add on the need to find a new job fast!
It was seriously horrible!

But like I said, I do thank God for all these 'issues'.
Looking on the super bright side, I managed to spend the first 6 months of Kylie's infancy with her at home.
Best thing, I'm earning a salary too.
The other thing is that I also managed to keep her on breastmilk for a full 6 months.
Whatever more months that she's going to be on breastmilk is an added bonus to me.
My initial plan was to only feed her breast milk for 6 months although when the issue of not spending time with her occurred, I had plan to shorten it to 4 months.
I also managed to feed her her first food.
I've got great help at home despite of the occasional 'issues' that occurs but nonetheless I know I can go to work without needing to really worry about Kylie as she's in great hands.
I also keep reminding myself of my great hands-on husband who really deserve to go on his guy's holiday soon.
Great support from a close confidante of mine whose always there to listen when I need her to.

In life, there's many great things that happen to each and every one of us.
Some times we are just too blinded by the bad/sad things that happen to us that we do not appreciate the finer things.
Having loved ones by our sides and having the time to spend with these loved ones (we need to make the time!).
I do agree it's easier said than done to appreciate the good that we have and not harp on the bad that happen.
But every time something good happen don't we always take it for granted?
Yes, I'm typing out this post to remind myself to be grateful and to give thanks.
If you happen to stumble and read this do remind yourself to give thanks today.

I'm starting on a new job soon and I'll need to prepare Kylie to get used to not having mummy around that often. But knowing she has both her grandparents around her 24/7 (almost there) I'm comforted to know that she'll be fine!

1 comment: