Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekly Photo Challenge – Summer Must-haves

 Another installment of Yumeko's photo challenge.
Summer Must-haves.
Thing is we do not really have summer here in Singapore.
It's relatively warm on a daily basis.
So, I'll cover what I use regularly to keep the makeup on.

1. Base Makeup – [sunscreen,powder,foundation,bbcream, whatever you use in the heat/humidity of summer]

I try to keep the base as simple as possible choosing my base with SPF.
I've been using CoverGirl's smoothers tinted moisturiser with SPF15 (not featured in the photo) for the longest time.
Retails on drugstore.com for about USD 8.
Really light and easy absorption, doesn't feel greasy.
Downside is that the coverage isn't that fantastic.
On top of that I'll use CoverGirl professional loose powder to dust over for a clean finish.
This retails on drugstore.com for USD5.50.
These 2 items are for daily use and it's relatively light on the skin.

Recently, I discovered something closer to home - Maybelline's BB cream which offers good coverage, has SPF and also lightweight.
This is my go-to for work and not too chunky makeup.
This retails for less than SGD20 if my memory serves me right.
I usually buy it at Watsons when there's a 20% discount.
Although, it's a small tube a 5cent dollop is more than enough for the entire face.
Concealer plus loose powder and my base makeup is done.

2. Point Makeup [blush,eyeshadow,whatever you use in the heat/humidity of summer]
 
For my eyes, I always use liquid eyeshadow as base before powder.
This makes it stay longer.
As I have oily lids, I tend to brush some powder over before using any products on my eyes as well.

 
Other than eye makeup, blushers are my must-haves and that about concludes my point makeup.
I use only lip balms and on rare occasions glosses.

3. Sunglasses/Hat/Anything you are wearing to block out the sun’s harmful rays

  
Ray Ban bought and shared with my hubby.
 
4. Deodorant/Body Spray/Perfume [whatever you are using to make yourself smell good]

 
 I don't really have 1 deo that I stick to but usually it's Nivea.
As for perfumes, I rarely use them after giving birth to Kylie.
Still have a few brand new Jill Stuart perfumes sitting in my cupboard.

5. Other must-haves for Summer

Has to be rubber bands and all sorts of clips to tie my hair up!

 
Light weight base makeup.
Esprique is more creamy/thicker and I prefer to use it overseas or at night.
Jill Stuart is liquid and I love it.
This is probably my 5th or 6th bottle.
It's easy to put on and dries without clogging my pores.
Very smooth surface to put on any base foundation.
Kylie loves shaking it as there's a ball inside to break up and mix the liquid.

No comments:

Post a Comment