Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Life is Unpredictable.

I was talking to a friend today about some problems she met with recently. It made me realise that life is really unpredictable. Plans laid out for the future can look rosy now but just a glitch or someone can take that all away from you.A mistake made years back can also come back to haunt you although this mistake might not be due to you.


Sometimes, I really want to change brains with the other gender and dig into their minds to know what they are thinking. One minute - they can say they are willing to give up the world for you but the next minute - their decision to do something drastic will baffle you and throw all the past promises out the window.


Women, on the other hand, do foolish stuff like planning a trip to the zoo for something different or getting 'free' tickets just to spend time with the other half. Do men really understand the reasons behind why women go all the way out to do this? Have they ever dug deeper to even bother asking why and appreciating the reasons for all the work?


I know these has to be a 2-way understanding and communication process but what I would like to express here is for men to take a step back and look at the things your gf or wife has done for you - making breakfast, washing your clothes, cleaning the house, arranging a holiday, picking you up from work or after partying etc and really appreciate the reason why she's put in the effort to do all this.


After we got our new house, I saw a sight I never seen before - Yong was on all fours with a washcloth cleaning the kitchen floor. I know in my heart that it meant a lot to him, getting our own space. I believe its never easy to really understand each other and some times some couples think they do but do they really?


Asians tend to be afraid to ask each other questions and really dig into the brain for reasons why certain actions or words were made. This, I feel, really limits the level of understanding that a couple can really develop. However, this might backfire if the other party is intimidated by the questions.


All I can say to this friend of mine - It's not the end of the world. Not until you say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment