Monday, June 29, 2009

H1N1?

Not tested for virus despite contact risk, ST Forum: http://www.straitstimes.com/ST+Forum/Story/STIStory_396615.html


Per my previous post, Ami fell sick on the last day at Bangkok and she developed a fever with runny nose. I had hoped it was due to fatigue and maybe getting caught in the rain but this morning she wasn't feeling any better. Being responsible, she called 993 to be sent to TTSH for the H1N1 test to be done. At least that way we can all be careful and contact tracing can be done.


The weirdest thing happened to her at the hospital - she was discharged within 2 hours. The person said that since she had no medical history and that she returned from a high-risk country there was a 50% chance the test will be positive (duh!) but then again no test was needed. Maybe because she had no medical history and won't complicate even if she's contracted H1N1.


The thing is, how will they know that if she has H1N1 and those people on the flight or the cab driver does not have medical history if they don't test and don't conduct tracing??! Moreover, my mum works at TTSH and if Ami has H1N1, won't my mum be a carrier? To me, this just doesn't make sense.


As for me, I'm not sick but to be safe, I will be working from home this week to prevent any possible spreading since I am not sure if Ami is infected or not. This is being a responsible citizen and colleague. Thanks to technology that this can happen for me. =)

3 comments:

  1. yea.. technology has not enabled me to work from home.. i am going to work tomorrow !!! heehee.. Last Temp 36.5 C. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. huh?.....that's strange....
    i'm feeling soft & tired today too...was thinking if i should see a doctor tomorrow...but reading this my symptoms seems small case?

    ReplyDelete
  3. mei..better be safe..just see the doc..

    ReplyDelete