Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Life's little pleasure...

People who know me will know that I hate waking up early in the morning.
My early refers to any hour before 7 am. It's considered ungodly to me.

However, some thing changed me today.
I had a usual 8 am fortnightly call and due to my resolution of not bringing home my laptop for work Mon-Thurs, I had to come in to office to take it.
This means I had to wake up at about 640-645 am.

So, I woke up at 655 am and when I went to close my curtains - I saw the most beautiful horizon of orange, yellow, grey and black admist the blocks in front of me.
What a way to wake up!
I guess some times people just tend to take nature for granted and since the sun rises and sets everyday - we simply ignore it.

This made my day!

It also made me realise the benefits of going to work early.
For instance, the walk to the mrt station is pretty cooling at 730am compared to 830am.
The train's less packed - actually it's not packed at all!
I get to come in and start getting replies from the US immediately (woo-hoo) which usually I had to wait till the next day.
Also, I get the solitude of working almost alone in the office at 8am!

I didn't catch a photo of the horizon I saw this morning but it's ok - I have another 8am call tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment