Friday, October 22, 2010

House Call for Pedi & Mani - Terrible Experience with Oh! Nails' Alyssa.

I was pretty psyched that I found a manicurist who was willing to do house calls for myself and my MIL.
The appointment was made on Sept 9 for Oct 21!
But it was a utterly disappointing experience with NO house call being made.



On Sept 14, I replied her on the colors and she did reply.



Yay, so it was all set and I told my MIL that we will do it at my house.
Never did I guess the following to happen.

I called Alyssa the day before to check if she's alright with doing 2 more sets of mani+pedi for my sisters.
She didn't pick up the phone.
After that call, my younger sister called me back to say that they found a nail place to do.
But, I felt weird and so I messaged her to confirm the appointment next day.
No reply.
Very scary.

Next day, I messaged her in the morning again.
Still no reply.
I thought that she wanted to save on SMS so, nevermind.

I rushed home after work to get ready for the session - on the aircon, packed up the house, on the heater for warm water.
Than, I waited.
530 pm...545pm - 15 minutes passed so I decided to call her to make sure she's not lost or stuck in traffic.
No answer.
I called again 5 minutes later - still no answer.
I waited till it was 6pm, calling her now and than, I gave up.

I wasn't furious but felt really disappointed at the whole process and the un-professional method this was handled.
If she wanted to cancel, she should have let me know earlier for me to make arrangements.
Don't avoid my messages or calls!!
I also checked her blog and she posted a comment just the day before I message her on the 19th.

I'm really disappointed at this experience.
She started her blog in April and it's barely 1 year.
For those thinking of using her services, I'd advise you to think twice.



For those who have been her clients may have a great experience but for me this was utterly horrible and intolerable for someone who is in the service line.
In the end, I had to make an urgent call at 6pm to my usual manicurist to get a slot at 7pm to do my mani + pedi.
Had to travel all the way back to Bishan to get my nails done last minute due to the un-professionalism of Alyssa.


Gold and simple theme since I'm not the main person of the event.
At least, it's done.
That's all that matters.

Was hoping this post to be an entry of my wonderful first-time house call mani+pedi experience but apparently it is not to be after what has happened.

1 comment: