Friday, July 20, 2012

Weekly Photo Challenge - Vacation Edition.

Although I haven't been posting for a long time, I was still following some of my favorite blogs.
Rouge Deluxe's Haru has been posting a weekly challenge that was started by Yumeko.
So, why not let's do that here too!
I'll start with a relatively easy one first - Vacation Edition!


1. Somewhere you visited on your last vacation
 I was having some problem with this post because I was thinking my last vacation was actually a business trip extension in Seoul but it wasn't.
It was a Bangkok trip with my sisters which we did not take much photos (so technically I can't blog it with no photos).
But before that I did have a 'real' vacation with Mr Look and Kylie on a road trip to Malacca!

I decided to stick with the extension trip in Seoul back in March.

Where my office is located, you shall find the palace.
The photo doesn't do this location justice as it's really magnificent with the mountain range and the various statues that you can see.
The roads are 4-5 lane wide!
On my extension, I did go into the palace as well (Gyungbokgung). 
Do note there are quite a number of palaces in Seoul.
FYI, this palace offers a free English guided tour at around 11am in the front entrance.

I'm getting old and I don't remember the name of this place but it was on the way to the Lotte Duty Free shopping centre.
Really pretty at night with the lights lit up.

Doesn't seem much from the photo.
This is the museum in Seoul that I went on my own.
Really pretty and calm outside.
The structure is huge as well.

This is the other side of the museum.
It has a real calming effect.

A relatively short vacation as it was only a 2 day extension.

2. Something you bought on your last vacation

 It's Korea!
Naturally, I bought quite some stuff.

Are you ready?

Tadah!
First day at Lotte Supermarket!
No plastic bags please use carton boxes (tip: its good for checkin as well!)
Biscuits, seaweeds, crackers, seaweeds.
Of course, it's not all mine!

 I'll be out of my mind if I did not snag any of their skin care products there!
It was at least 60-70% cheaper than in Singapore!
These are what's left from Skinfood.
I've finished 1 shower gel and I'm using 1 facial cleanser.
I also bought a full set of Laniege waterbank set from the duty free.
Got loads of free samples!!
Best place to get will be at the supermarket as they are more generous with the samples.
Please claim taxes too!

Erhm, no I did not buy out the entire store!
I bought some clothes for Kylie, myself and Mr Look.
It's not cheap there but just look at the colors!
Pretty, pretty!

3. Something you ate on your last vacation
 Where should I even start!!!!
I seriously ate so much when I was there as my colleagues brought me around.
The food culture there is amazing!

Korean BBQ!
Seriously, it's something you CANNOT miss out in Korea!
It's yummy to the max!

School food is one place I'd suggest everyone try.
There are a few outlets so try googling.
The mari is really nice and almost everything else on the menu.
Watch out for a dish that has innards (if you don't eat them)!

Cafe Mamas - lots of Korean eat here too.
This is Philly Cheesesteak sandwich.

Local street stuff!
There was one more dish that my colleagues bought me to lunch.
I can't seem to locate the photo but I do remember exactly where the restaurant's at.
It's not cheap though and everything is in Korean though.
Drop me a message if you are interested to know where it's at.
 
4. A ticket/bill/receipt from your last vacation
 This is a challenge.
My receipts are either in the tax refund box or in my claims or I've thrown them away.
So, I'll make do with a logo of something else I bought.

 

5. The number one place where YOU live, that you think people should visit  
I won't say it's number ONE but for hardcore shoppers - Bugis Village ranks #1 on my list.
For people with children I would say the zoo!
For people who like nature - MacRitchie!

No comments:

Post a Comment