Sunday, October 25, 2009

Scare Ourselves Silly - Not!

To people that know me well - I'm actually a scardy-cat.
I don't watch horror movies as I'll get nightmares and can't fall asleep at night for weeks!
Yeap ~ weeks!
I once watched Resident Evil with Yong and there was 1 scene - where the dead woman was floating in a water filled room with glass walls suddenly opened her eyes as she was a zombie.
This scene haunted me for weeks and I woke from nightmares almost every night!!

Anyway, cutting the long story short, I asked to go to the Night Safari's Halloween Nights!
I told Ami, Yong, Mich and Ma to let's go scare ourselves silly! hahha..
Well, as stupid as it may seem to pay money to scare yourself, Michelle was the only game enough to go with me.
And away we went on Friday after I knocked off from work.
Thanks to the sponsors - Ma and Yong!

At the entrance of the Night Safari was really fun. They had ghouls wondering the place to scare people!
There was characters like a scary joker, tin man, crazed butcher, a little girl with a knife killing her doll, ghost bride and many many more..


The entrance of Night Safari with the Halloween theme.


Tin man at the entrance.
He was the only character that made my heart skip a beat when he jumped out from behind a pillar.


Halloween Horrors!


Michelle and me waiting for the 'Tram of Terrors'.


Leopard preens tram....we got the zebRAAA preens one...


Ghost bride..
Michelle wanted to take with 'Edward Scissors Hand' but he went and took the Leopard printed tram.


After the tram ride, we went for the normal night safari show - Creatures of the Night.
Although there was the Halloween theme decors and tram ride, the normal Night Safari was still in operation.
Michelle's friend Elaine so happen to have free tickets to the night safari so we met up and went to the 'Bridge of No Return'.
This was a walking trail where it was also changed to a Halloween themed trail.
The trail was opened to normal Night Safari visitors.


It was a themed walking trail with ghouls hiding or standing at various dark corners.
Sad to say, I wasn't really scared silly here either.
However, the makeup and costumes were really great and real.
I asked this Chinese Vampire if he was really that tall - he nodded.
I doubt it - Ha!


Sleepy shot - it was due to the flash!
Oh, Night Safari prohibits flash photography as it scares the animals but we still saw people using them.
I actually went up to someone (after taking 2 shots of flashed photos) to tell them that they weren't allowed.

Haiz, so the trip was fun with Michelle - we really laughed and laughed but the 'scare ourselves silly' didn't really come true for me.

Michelle - let's do this again next year and let's dress up! OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment