Wednesday, October 7, 2009

House Warming.

After the long wait, we finally had our house warming on Saturday.
Thanks to all that came to 'warm' our house up. These includes our all friends and families..
We did some minor shifting to make the house look a little more spacious in order to accomodate the catering. Our corridor was pretty narrow so we didn't want to trouble our neighbours nor let our guests walk in and out of the house (we know the trouble especially if they weren't wearing slip-ons).


We shifted the shelves to make space for the buffet line.

First to arrive - Trish's cupcakes. They look gorgeous don't they? Absolutely love the colors!

Setting up of the buffet line.

Ok, I told Yong I'll be ordering Mee Siam but in the end I changed it to Kueh Pie Tee so I think he was a little lost when he realised there's no Mee Siam!

Catered Nasi Lemak with Otah, Fried Chicken, Fried Egg, Ikan Billis with peanut and lotong vegetables. The sambal chilli was missing!! Everyone asked me where's the chilli..sorry guys I didn't realise coz I don't eat..hahah...

Side orders - Kueh Pie Tie, Samosa and Fried Chicken Wing.
Below are some random photos taken by my dearest Siti.
I was too busy entertaining..














Mike made cake for my house warming - Indonesian Walnut cake!
Thanks Mike!






Ashley brought her Littlest Pet Shop Monopoly game that her mummy bought for her.






Ashton sleeping despite the noise.




Guess who end up playing Monopoly with Ashley? No other than the hostess herself.
Siti was the banker - see the money infront of her?

The game was really pretty.
The tokens were the pets - dogs, cats and a hermit crab.
I kept stepping in to Ashley's property and that made her a really happy girl too!

Dearest Luke enjoying the icing of the mini cupcakes.

Auntie Trina carrying Ashton. With Mike looking at the food.
Thanks guys for coming down!

Mummy, Ami, Ler Jun, KW, Verene, John, Mei, Jo, Dorothy, Cindy, Thomas, Mother and Father also came in the afternoon but no photos as I was busy playing Monopoly (and losing at it ) with Ashley.

Come night fall, another gang was here to warm our house.
Yong's friends from the army.


The whole gang...minus Yong.

It seems like Nico loved the durians in the photo but actually I think she hated it.
Yong was pretty reluctant to let us buy the durians but it has been so long since I last ate so I egged him on to let the gang go to Geylang to buy. In the end, he drove them to buy. haha...
He sat one corner while we savoured the durians man! It was really good.

Thanks guys!
Remember the Christmas potluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment