Saturday, January 16, 2010

Japan here we come!

We are going to Japan!

After a very tedious journey - we will all be going during CNY!

Initially, we booked a tour package with JP Travel last Sept during a travel fair.
After calling them every month to ask about the confirmation of the group (and every day the past week), they finally cancelled the departure as there was not enough pax.
Well, I don't really blame them.
They've done all the advertising and stuff.

It so happen that we headed to Marina to see Mic's batucada performance and I told Yong I kinda remember that there was a TA at Suntec.
He suggested to head over to see if there's any.
At the bridge linking MS and Suntec, there were people giving out brochures.
Some times, I'll take it from them and throw it away later on.
Pretty poor thing to stand there and give out brochures.
Lucky I did!
There was a CTC travel fair and there was a Japan departure for CNY!
Headed there to look for Gideon and he happens to be there too!

Booked!!

And I double, triple, quadraple confirm with him that the departure was a confirmed one before paying the deposit.
Though a tad bit more costly than the original one - at least we get to go right!?

Yong and I will be extending the trip in order to visit some other places of interest around Tokyo.
Pretty excited about our virgin trip to Japan!!

1 comment: