Sunday, February 8, 2009

Early Valentines' Day...


Well..next Sat is Feb 14th..so that's Valentines' Day...Yong and me decided that it'll be too crowded and too expensive to go out..the food prices gets jacked up so much and you will not be able to order ala carte. So, we decided to do it this week..

I had wanted to go to botanic gardens for dinner since I read a review on Cleo..Yong wanted to go to 1 Rochester..in the end? We went to Dempsey Road's Red Dot..a brewery...it was drizzling when we went out at about 6...


I found a green card on my chair - looks like trash...I was..huh...so I read the card..it was a note from Yong...

Can't really read but at the last few sentences it was about "how could a Vday be complete without flowers...and the surprise look that he never fail to get out from me...here's 3 roses just to say I love you..." I was OK..so i looked around..where got rose?so I went back to read the card..maybe e drew roses for me *knowing him*...nothing...so i think and turned around..there it was!!

in between the 2 seats..a bouquet of 3 roses...hahah...that's him..not romantic but he never fails to surprise me and bring a smile to my face..think he's getting there le...

Ok..reach Dempsey Road..the place was very rustic...don't feel like you're in Singapore..more like Bali or Phuket..a lot of ang mos there..so it feels even more like you're not in Singapore...Started with drinks....Red Dot is a brewery so ordering beer is inevitable for Yong...

Before the beer came..just taking some pictures....they have this beer called 'Monster Green'...this is supposed to be a healthy beer..but i feel like it looks like wheat grass drink..haha...just look at my face...

haha..i was smelling the beer..yep..the glass of green drink is BEER! Yong tried convincing me too...

yea..it tastes like beer..don't let the color deceive you...hahahah...next up..starters....





I wanted to get the Red Dot salad but it was out..so I ordered the Caprese Salad...it has tomatoes, mozzarella cheese with pesto sauce and salad...the tomatoes were to die for..they were so juicy that even Yong who doesn't eat tomatoes converted..

Next up, our mains - hawaiian pizza and snowfish....the snowfish was cod fish actually..
'Pan-seared cod fish seated on mango sauce, tomato & mango salsa,
garnished with deep-fried leek, roasted cherry vine tomato,
salmon roe and caviar' this is yummy! when we get our own house I will try to replicate this..ahahha...like I can right??maybe a simpler version bah..

The pizza was cooked the traditional way..stone oven..the crust was just nice...Yong's favourite portion I guess...

Dessert!! last minute decision but I cannot leave this place without first savouring its dessert...I ordered their ' Tropical Creme Brulee' this comes with Vanilla ice cream....I have to say...this was heavenly..hahahaa.....I really enjoyed my early Vday dinner....but...it didn't end here...just as we were turning out of Dempsey...I saw a couple of cars whiz past us and there were 2 TPs behind...nope..not a car chase...I told Yong about it..so he was like 'you want me to chase ah?' hahaha..of course not la..as we moved off and to the next traffic light..they were there!

This was on Lornie Road already..sorry for the blur pic..I used flash..so afraid the TP would come to us and stop us...hahahaa

Yong say that it must be some big shots...as we were chasing I got more excited (never see before ma)..no cars were allowed to overtake them..and if the cars filtered in...they were 'asked' to go behind..Yong confirmed must be some big shot....so we 'tailed' all the way to Thomson Road...hehe...than the car was turning right and we were going straight..so I caught a glimpse of who was in the car...it was PM Lee in the flesh!!!!haha..oh..i exclaimed PM Goh until Yong corrected me..too excited...hahaha....first time in my 26 years I have seen any minister of that level travel so closely to me....OK la..maybe I exaggerated but it was such a shock...I half-believed Yong when he said that it must be PM, SM or MM that level to have 2 cars and 2 bikes protecting him..Be..sorry..I believe le...

So that was my paparazzi moment..us being the paparazzi..hahah...

HAPPY VALENTINES' DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment