Monday, September 7, 2009

Last day in Bali.

Last day in Bali.

Our final breakfast at Seiryu villa. Yong had sunny side up and I had poached eggs. I ate eggs every breakfast when I was in Bali!! The banana pancake was absolutely delicious!


After this, we headed out to the beach. I had a nasty tumble in the wave and kinda scrap my back. It was really scary - like in the washing machine. You just go round in circles until you can get hold of something to come up for air. I had water in my ears and nose (maybe brain too). Yong was worried sick and I told him I had to rest on the beach before going back to the villa. I realised no matter how confident you are in water, the sea always poses danger. Really have to be extra careful when its the open ocean and beaches with waves. They may seem harmless on the surface but its not that true underneath it.
After returning to the villa (still in a daze), we showered, changed, packed and checked out around 1pm. Our transfer to the airport was at 2pm so we had time for lunch. Headed out to our nearest eating place. I finally remembered to take a photo of the name of this place - Bestest Cafe. It's a really small place but the food they served are pretty good (and cheap!).


Yong had his final Bintang (or so I thought) and I had their mango juice.


Food Galore! We decided not to eat too much. On the first day at Bali, we had walked past an old man on the roadside selling satay (satae). I am a sucker for peanut stuff (peanut butter, satay bee hoon etc) so I couldn't resist trying it before I come back. Yong had obviously tried their satay and said that I would love it. Well, I did love the sauce - it was creamy peanut sauce with no bits of visible peanuts like the sauce in Singapore. But the satay itself had no fats whatsoever! I am the kind that liked to have a little fat in my satay. I think it makes it more succulent and juicy. It would be nice to combine their sauce with our satay! =P

I was day-dreaming after eating. Can you see how hot the background was? The sun was really shining!

We went back to the villa at around 2pm for our ride to the airport. It took only 35-45 minute. After we went into the airport to check in our luggage, we wanted to go out of the airport to sit at MacDonald's (which was situated outside the check-in area) to wait for time to pass. Well, after you go into the airport, you can't get out! Haiz. We could only go into the departure hall from there since there was nothing in the check-in area. I was thinking - might as well do some shopping.
There was a DFS there but everything was quoted in USD so I gave it a pass (will come back for Metro's 20% discount). There were a lot of shops in the departure hall - this was a good sign or so I thought. Being me, I wanted to buy some local products there for my office colleagues and family members but I couldn't find any in Bali. They had Kueh Lapis but those at Batam tastes better and its fresh.There was this shop that seemed to sell 'local products' and I had wanted to go in. Of my horrors, Yong stopped me and told me that there's something behind a certain row of boxes. Suddenly, I saw a tail!!! Yong then started singing 'M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E'. I literally freaked out! I tell you - it was horrible!!!!! Now that I think of it - I am glad I didn't get any 'local' products for anyone.

The horrors doesn't end here. Not when we had so much time before departure. We saw a MacDonald kiosk in the departure hall and then thought that should be save to eat/drink. But the counter was closed and the guy told us closed. So we settled for a small kiosk nearby that served drinks and finger food.Yong ordered his Bintang and I ordered a Iced tea. We shared fries. The place looked pretty clean. Until I say cockroaches!!! The small ones (notice the 's') were 'running' all over the coffee maker and it even went INTO the coffee maker! I told Yong to see..hahaha...oh well, I think we are too 'sanitised' by Singapore. We moved off to the area where the MacDonald Kiosk was to see planes land and take-off (ya, a bit dumb but we had 2 hrs in the departure hall). Than, I saw a Mac guy bringing up food for a Japanese couple next to us. I concluded that the other guy was either too lazy to go down to get the stuff for us or there was a system where we could order downstairs before check-in and get them to bring it in for us (which was total bull).


Ok, finally waiting to board the plane and come back to Clean & Green Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment