Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Miscommunications.

Was reflecting on the various miscommunications that happened to me the past year.
Words spoken and words typed can mean a vast difference to people.

I believe everyone had this experience of people getting angry or mis-read over emails, messenger messages, sms etc etc. Come to think of it, if you hadn't have such an experience - please let me know. I would really like to know how to avoid it (please don't tell me not to use these tools ok?!).

Anyway, I've been at the merciless brunt of very terrible miscommunications and sometimes it really pisses me off. Things that I've typed or sms-ed not being read the way I intend for it to be read. It's really scary what repercussions could occur due to 1 tiny misread message and it’s simply frustrating. I am not pissed at the person reading the message; I’m just pissed on why it can’t get across accurately?!

Like I said, I really hate using messenger as a tool to communicate. I would rather call directly. But in some cases, that doesn’t work. I appreciate the convenience of these tools – I seriously do. It allows for endless connectivity regardless of where you are. It’s just the hassle of needing to clear up misunderstandings when and if they happen.

Oh, and how many times have people used emails to ‘prove’ to you that you said something before? That’s scary too. Everyone’s just so careful when they draft emails. Well, everyone wants email to cover their asses too right? So, they’d keep insisting that you reply via email. I don’t blame them. Who could if they are doing it themselves? I know I do =)

Haiz, it’s just some thoughts about attribution error at its ult (together with all other errors).

I think I just have to resign to fate and be ultra careful with my words and the people I use them with.


1 comment:

  1. sighz.....it ALWAYS happens....i know how you feel man.....jia you girl...be strong!

    ReplyDelete