Wednesday, December 29, 2010

17 Dec: Day 1 (Part 2) Original London Bus Tour & Harrods.

After the snowy session of Changing the Guards, we headed back to Trafalgar Square.
The area is littered with cafes and restaurants.
We chose (or rather I chose) Garfunkel's.
It's everywhere so I don't think it'll be any worse then the super salty pie I had the previous night.

And boy, was it all warmed up inside!
Anyway, we chose from the lunch menu where the mains were only £6.95 (S$14.50, exchange rate was about 2.08 when I changed).

Mr Look's London Pride Lager (£4.75) which he said was out in a few places.

Cozy, cozy.
Mr Look was trying to log on to the 'free' wifi in London almost everywhere we went.
Sad to say, there were always errors in connection.
He only managed to do it at a couple of spots in London.

I love the chunky fries they have in London!!!!
This was Mr Look's Salmon & Broccoli Fishcakes.
Yummy~

I took their Lagsane and finished everything.
We went for the bus tour next and we took the Original Yellow route which covered most of the tourist sites in London.
Below are some of the photos taken on the bus.
It went to St Paul's, Tower of London, Tate Museum etc etc.




We alighted back at Trafalgar Square as we needed to switch bus route.
The sun came out =)

I was really cold in this photo and I was shivering while waiting for the other bus.
Taking route 2, we headed to Oxford Circus, Piccadilly Circus and our next stop Horse Guards.

Horsey, horsey~
He was really friendly and kept 'smelling' me.
I think he wants me to sayang but read the plaque behind me?
It says, ' BEWARE Horses may kick or bite Thank You'.
I was worried it might kick me!

Yong sayang-ed him.
He likes it!
When mummy wanted to take a photo, we were suddenly all ushered into the compound.
Again, we waited.

All the guards formed a line.
Then we realised it was time to pang kang (knock off)!
We walked a bit further and saw everyone taking the photo of a street name.
10 Downing Street.
The PM's residence..hahahha...=X
Walking further down the street we saw the infamous Ben.

Big Ben and the Parliament house.
The night fall in London during Winter came super duper early.
If you can see the time on Big Ben, it was only 4:10pm.


Photo shoot opportunity.
Maybe it is the flash, kinda look super imposed.
I had wanted to head to Westminster Abbey but looking at the quick nightfall, I gave it a miss.
Instead, we took a tube to Harrods at Knightsbridge Station.


Their Christmas decor was based on Peter Pan!!!
Very colorful and pretty!
Well, the inside of the store was definitely worth a visit.
The Egyptian escalators and the food hall should be worthed a trip there.
Don't have to buy anything but just take a look.
My guide to Bath said it was 'Horrids' due to the prices they charge.
Another attraction was obviously the Harrods bear!
Ami, this is for you~

Small Harrods bear in Scottish uniform.

Super Duper Big Harrods bear!
Yes, this was on sale too!!
£1,200!

Another one in a police uniform.
After a quick stroll of the merchandise, I headed to look for the food hall.
I must say I was in awe.
Taka was nothing in comparison.
Neither was those in Japan Isetan or Mitsukoshi.
A sneak preview of 1 of the food halls (yes, 1 of the food halls).

After visiting Harrods, we headed back to our hotel.

We had Mac for dinner.
The menu was about the same as Singapore.
Nothing fancy other than the Christmas specials which didn't really catch my attention.
Give me Japan's pork burger anytime!

I bought some desserts from Harrods' food hall cause they were all too pretty.
I couldn't stop staring and salivating over them.
Tiramisu, carrot cake and a lemon tarte.
Yummyz...

On the day I arrived, Mr Look actually left a surprise on the bed for me.
However, after such a long flight I was too groggy to pay attention.
He got me a long stemmed red rose (the stem was really long) and a small Longchamp bag which he left by the bed.

Only on the second day did I remember that I can't bring the rose home.
It looks this withered after just 1 day.
Stupid me!

No comments:

Post a Comment