Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December 2010 - Food Session Part ...

Every December it's always makan time!
Unlike last year's Winter Solstice Festival (冬至), Mummy and me will be spending it on the plane back to Singapore (airplane food for the festival - what a novelty).
Thus, mummy arranged it to be done earlier with Mr Look missing out on the good Chinese food.
Instead of the full blown food session last year, we did a simpler affair with my mum's elder brother and younger sister.

The elders.

Family shot.

We had our dinner at Peach Garden.

Our menu.
As always, I forgot to take 2 photos!
The Fish and the Vermicelli with duck.
Was still hungry so kinda walloped it down before I remembered.

Peking Duck - my favorite =)

Shark's fins for the rest.

Amy, Michelle and I had the Chicken soup with Fish Maw.

Scallop with salted egg yolk and broccoli.
I found it too salty.

The King Prawn which came after the fish.

Chicken dish which came before the Vermicelli with shredded duck.



We had a double dessert.
The salty egg pau was complimentary from the manager of the restuarant as my Uncle knew her.
My uncle's in the food industry for eons so he has friends here and there.
The actual dessert was the red bean soup with black sesame rice ball.
To give the Winter Solstice Festival a rounded closure.

Great dinner with great company.
That's all that matters sometimes.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Ivy,

    Came across your blog while looking for some info on Taiwan. The links were really useful! Ive bookmarked them all :D its a pity I dont read chinese cause PayEasy looks like it offers great deals!!

    Btw, the salty egg pau looks yum- I love it when it starts to spill out on the firts bite. Also, congrats on your pregnancy, when are you due?

    -xen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi *xen, great that the links helped you out. PayEasy is not an easy site to shop and even I have problems sometimes. I see blogs for review on Youtube before deciding what to go for.

    Thanks for the well wishes. I will be due in May 2011 =)

    ReplyDelete