Monday, July 20, 2009

Saturday - July 18th,

Yes! After 1 whole week of lying in bed and eating medication - I am much better! Thanks to all the peeps who asked!


Well, it was just in time for more wedding preparations! Seriously, I never really knew there was so much stuff to buy and prepare for a traditional wedding - the list continues.

Thanks to Amy and Yong, we made a trip last Saturday to Chinatown to get our Guo Da Li stuff for the 1st. The shop was amazing - there were tonnes of stuff and for all dialect groups! They even helped to paste the 'xi' sticker on almost everything that we bought!

After that it was off to get my additional wedding favour. The hotel provides chocolates as part of the dinner package for couples' wedding favours. However, the usual me, wanted something more personalised so that it means more to my guests and also something that's not useless (after the wedding it will be chucked aside). Had wanted to bake cookies for each guest but with the amount of stuff mounting - I had to pass on this notion. Ami had initiated to help me do all the baking but for 280 guests! I didn't thought about putting her through baking hell.

Settling the favour, we headed down to Serangoon broadway to finalise the graduation photo and frame. That place is always so crowded its scary! I think it is probably the only studio that I've seen so many people going in and out all the time. With this done, it was time to head home!

My Saturday didn't end here. Of course not! We had dinner plans! It was off to Orchard Parade Hotel for our food tasting.



Cover of the menu.

Inside of the menu (minus the food)


The food was well not bad! I would say my guests would probably have no complaints on the food (keeping my fingers crossed). We were all pretty full by the time we hit the 5-6 course. Probably Ler Jun had the best time eating. We had a few comments on the food so we'll wait for the banquet manager to get back to us.


And thus, this concludes my Saturday!


My trusty CottonOn black dress that I wore the whole day. The cropped knitted cardi was thrown on at night for the dinner.



The 3 of us - I will miss times like these...

No comments:

Post a Comment