Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dumb!

I'm sitting in front of the tube with my Toshiba laptop on my thighs and I am ultra ultra ultra full from dinner.
Thing was, Yong went for Tiger Brewery tour today and we decided to meet at home after work for some aglio olio dinner. In order to cook that, I headed down to Bugis to grab some ingredients. Well, I went to get my Topshop replacement card also lar. Didn't want to make a special trip over the weekend to collect it and it has been sitting there for more than a week.

At Bugis, I was approached by a girl (with a pimply face and a note pad) asking if I'd like to be a face model. I looked at her and laughed. I know I was rude so I apologised and say 'No, thank you'. Seriously, I think it was a scam! This was just the beginning.

After grabing the stuff for the Aglio Olio, I headed back to the mrt station to come home. Suddenly, I heard thunder and one of the girls in front of me asked her friend, "Raining ah?". I contemplated to myself - Kallang is 2 stops away, maybe not so suay hor? So, I got into the train and when it came out at Kallang - it was pouring. Haiz! What the hell was I thinking!?! 2 stops away lor!!

Alighting at the station - I debated - should I wait a little while and maybe the rain would ease up or should I take the train back to Bugis to buy an umbrella or should I try my luck at the 7-11 downstairs to see if they sell umbrella or should I run in the rain across the street to go to my mum-in-law's house to borrow an umbrella (ya, so many choices right?)? In the end, the train on the opposite track came so I hopped on to go back to Bugis.

At Lavender station - there was a screech and than the train stopped. However, the doors never opened. Then an announcement - dear passengers, the train was unable to stop in time at the station. passengers who wish to alight at this station please alight at the next station and take the train back. we apologise for the inconvenience caused. People were laughing in the train. It was really the first time I kena this kind of situation. Well, the train went to Bugis and heng it was able to stop 'in time'!

I went to Giordano to get my umbrella (Note: Gior umbrella's prices are fixed. S$8 with or without rain) and headed back to the train station. Now, I was thinking to myself - the dumbest thing that could happen now is that when I reach Kallang, the rain stop miraculously lor! Yes and no - the rain did not stop but it became a light drizzle! K**B**B (was thinking in my head) !!!! I don't care lor! Still open my S$8 umbrella and 'shelter' myself! Walk, walk, walk..this young girl came up by my side with no umbrella. I was sick ma, need to protect myself from falling sick again. When we reach the traffic light, it was red and the girl was standing in the drizzle. I purposely stood next to her, held my umbrella and looked at her. Ya la, I was thinking - obi no umbrella. It did make me feel better.Hahaha!

2 comments: