Sunday, December 20, 2009

December Food Session 1 - My house.

December's always for the season for food galore!
There's the Winter Solstice Festival (冬至) and Christmas which is always within 1 week.

A family gathering was arranged for my family's 冬至 this year and was it fun!
It reminded me alot of my childhood days with my cousins (whom were living 1 floor below us).
Gone were the days as all of us grew up and got busy with our lifes.
However, thanks to Ami, the family doesn't seem so far apart some times.

Some photos from yesterday..




Yong and I driving over to mum's place around 6-ish.


Roads were really clear of traffic.





2 stations - teppanyaki and steamboat.
Ami really prepared tonnes of food!!!
These were only part of it.
Uncle brought roasted meat.



Yong munching on Macadamia nuts that mum brought back from Australia.


After we had our fill.
Second batch of people were late so I went snapping crazy.


My cousins and nephews.


My uncle, auntie, sister, nephew and cousins.


My mum, auntie, cousin and sister.


Cousin's wife and uncle.


Nephews and erhm ELDER sister..




Everyone was standing around the teppanyaki table.
I realised some one was hanging around..


Feed me?


Can you see where Roxy's at?


Waiting for food to drop.


Spotted by Michelle!


Finally some attention from the mum.


1st attempt at self potrait that looked good.
Michelle, I deleted the rest away - we looked funny in it.


Yong took this after we gave up.


Roxy stinks of teppanyaki and ciggies that night.





To explain the photos - pimple.


The bright side or the dark side?





How can we do without shots of the 3 sisters??


Again, waiting for food...


Trying to act innocent...
Heard from Ami that Roxy's not feeling well - must be indigestion.
After that, we cooked tang yuan (湯圓) and also had log cake.
Ami gave out pressies to the others and we left at about 1030 pm.

This was food session number 1 for the week.

My house is cleaned and I earned an extra bump on my head today when I bent into the divider at my sink.
It's been close to 20 years since I got a bump on my head (I don't wish to remember the last time I had one but some people in my family tend to always remind me).
But it's ok - Family's the greatest!!!

3 comments:

  1. nice to hear that u enjoyed yourself..
    I had fun preparing that ton of food.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea..thanks for that!
    you know I kinda miss the times when they still lived downstairs and everything was so simple..hahaha...maybe things were never simple but I was la..

    ReplyDelete
  3. someone mentioned a bump on the head? ahahaha

    ReplyDelete