Monday, May 4, 2009

Tribute to my Mum...

I know its not Mother's Day yet but this post is not meant for Mother's Day.


My mum is on the front line battle with Swine Flu (I don't care if its re-named to Influenza A) as she works at TTSH. She was there during the SARS period as well and she volunteered to work in the unit that time. I believe if there's a need she will do it this time as well. It's freaking scary to see her on her mobile these days as she's always talking to other nurses.


I have to rant - she actually booked a package holiday with her usual travel kakis to go to China this month but due to the Swine Flu outbreak, she was asked to cancel her leave and not travel. Since she's out there fighting for Singapore, I don't understand why the travel agency have to charge her for cancelling the trip. Eh..you all want to serve at TTSH or not!? I think they won't even dare go to Novena! Ami and I told my mum that if the agency want to charge the cancellation even with TTSH director's letter, we will definitely bring this to the papers or such. Come on, these nurses are braving the viruses!

What I wore today - it was really cold since it rained so heavily this morning. I was aching from the photo shoot yesterday (don't ask why, if you really must know - go try it out) and didn't want to get up. But I had to go to HDB and Town Council to activate my electricity, water and to pay the conservancy charges for May. Bloody tired now...