Tuesday, May 17, 2011

4am~

Posting this super short post at 4am in the morning.
Reason?
I'm up pumping my milk to regulate and increase the flow.
These days, I usually sleep ard 11pm and wake up another 2-3 times in the night for a duration of 50-80 minutes to either latch on Kylie or pump.
Sleep deprived?
Definitely!
But this is for the better of Kylie's health and I shall persevere and press on.
I always thought it can't be that tough to let a child go on full Breastmilk but I now know how wrong that was.

I had an emotional breakdown just 2 days ago.
It was frustrating to build the supply, deal with the lack of sleep and with a crying child.
However, I had lots of mummies in office who sent me smses asking after my wellbeing and to tell me to hang in there and not stress myself out.
I'm really thankful for these bunch of mummies and the support they gave me.
Of course there's also the unwavering support of mr look!
He has been by my side sInce the birth of Kylie.
Took leave to be by my side supporting me through the moo moo career as well my confinement.
It's really not as easy as it seems and strongental determination is required.

Kylie on the other hand is already a blessing.
Her character is a little like me and mr look mixed together.
Loves to sleep quite a bit and feedings can be missed but not sleeping - that's pretty me.
I feel that she kinda follows a time-table and her actions can be guaged sometimes - that's like mr look.

Kylie turns one week today.
Mr look told me the next thing I know she will be telling us she's getting married soon~ hehe.

2 comments:

  1. Ivy, jiayou! I help u buy all the P&Cs u need/want frm airport ok? And the bird nests frm EYS. Anything u need, juz let me know! Mw...jiayou! U can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenn, thanks! I'm trying to kan kai yi dian and not be stressed. Have fun back at your new job!

    ReplyDelete