Sunday, May 22, 2011

Emotional Overdrive.

The past 2 weeks have been tough on me but I believe it was tougher on Mr Look.
I've experienced 2 emotional breakdowns within a span of 4 days after coming home.
However, other than Mr Look standing by me all the time and looking out for post natal blues, I had a very supportive group of mummies from my office giving me their full support! *Not to mention other friends*.
Emails, FB messages, calls, SMSes came pouring in once the above 'Emotional Overdrive' status went out.
I'm really and truly grateful for all the care and concern.
I'm truly blessed.

My first breakdown was due to not being able to latch Kylie on without having her wail for 45 minutes.
There were successful latches with the help of a nipple shield to elongate my flat/short nipple.
However, most of the time, she was too eager or unable to get the flow which resulted in more crying.
To add to this, my over-zealous ambitious plan to build up my moo-moo supply also took it's toll on me.
Seeing that I pumped 1 bottle and the confinement lady (CL) take out 1 bottle was devastating.
Yes, I did hope that I had enough milk for Kylie.

Second breakdown was due to the CL.
Well, let's just say we were getting to know each other.
She teaches me some stuff and I teach her some stuff.
2-way learning process.

Now I know the hormonal changes are horrible!!
Tough to manage and you won't know when it will hit you.
Husband's support is paramount as well.
Regardless, if it's running around, emotionally/physically being there or helping out.
Every little bit counts!!

Once again, I want to thank everyone who has reached out to me the past 2 weeks to help me get back on track on feeding Kylie breastmilk.
Although I'm not latching but pumping still enables her to get the goodness from me.
That's probably what matters most now~

No comments:

Post a Comment