Sunday, May 8, 2011

Outcome of 2011 General Elections~

It's over.
The election that happens once every 5 years is over.
People's Action Party (PAP) lost 1 Group Representative Constituency and some really good Ministers.

Kudos to Mr George Yeo and his team.
I also thank Mr/Mrs Chiam for their contribution to Singapore.

I won't say that I'm not upset by the loss of a good team.
However, since Singaporeans ask for more voices in the Parliament and Workers' Party (WP) offered to do that and thus won more seats.
I hope they make good their word.

Singaporeans, please DO NOT discount the WP team of 6 in the parliament because they are the minority.
They asked for the chance and they are given the chance to speak and represent us.
Regardless, 6 representative is MORE THAN the previous 2.

DO NOT DISCOUNT THEIR PROMISES OR THEIR ABILITY TO DO ANYTHING!!!
THEY WON THE VOTES AND THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO SOMETHING!

With regards to the remaining PAP team, I hope with the outcome of this election has brought them back to Earth that changes need to be made.
Transformational changes may not be necessary but changes are still required.

To the youths of Singapore.
Do think carefully if the issues raised are a global issue or something that only Singapore is affected due to the existing government?
HDB, rising costs of living, income gap, foreign labour etc - think the bigger picture.
Singapore needs to be an open market (agreed by most) but people are complaining of rising costs - please balance that for me.
Please remember that Singapore has NO natural resources.

I will monitor the opposition for the next 5 years.
Regardless what it can do for Aljunied or what it raises in the Parliament.

*I do have my fair share of dislikes of certain representatives from both the PAP and WP parties like everyone else. But I'll give them the chance to prove themselves in Parliament. Especially those who have not lived in Singapore the past 30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment