Saturday, March 5, 2011

Indian Food~ Thosai.

Singapore is a multi-racial society and with that comes various genre of food!
Since young, my sisters and I have been exposed to a multitude of flavors.
One of my favorite is Thosai.
Monday after the gynae checkup which we waited and waited, I was starving.
I suggested to Mr Look to go eat Thosai.
Yahoo-ed it on my phone and found this place Ananda Bhavan's review.
Seems so yummy *probably cause I was hungry*.
Mr Look gamely drove to Little India.

We did look a little out of place in Little India.
Mainly tourists and Indians =)
Nonetheless, we found the place!!

My Masala Thosai.
Masala means a mixture of spice and Thosai (which can be spelt differently) is basically a frying batter that creates the skin.
So, when you order Masala Thosai, do note that the Thosai skin is filled with potatoes, chick peas, green peas and onions with the masala mixture.
Yes, I'm a sucker for potatoes which is why I love masala thosai!

Mr Look took the daily special.
I don't know what it is but it tastes yummy and it's even more filling than my Thosai.
If you happen to step into an authentic Indian store in Little India, you'll also see an array of snacks/cakes in a glass cabinet.
Be warned - those are really sweet and best shared with someone.
Also, some of them are deep-fried and than soaked in sugar syrup (the one I like).
I gave the desserts a miss.
Maybe next time since my urine test came out a-okay on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment