Friday, December 11, 2009

Broadway Beng!

2nd local production this year - Broadway Beng - Jiak Liu Lian.
This is the first time we are going for Broadway Beng although there has been a couple of early productions.
Went home after work to prepare to go to RC for dinner and headed to the Esplanade theatre.
The last time we went there was close to 2 years back.



Cam-whoring on the way there.

This time round, our seats was right in the middle of the theatre.
When we arrived, it was blasting Hokkien songs - typical beng lar.
I don't really comprehend Hokkien very well but I've heard the songs before.
Took a couple of photos before I was warned that there was no photography in the theatre. =X


I have to say that the show was really enjoyable.
There were ang mos there - which I don't know how they can understand the show (it was a good 80% in hokkien) since I have problems with part of it.
We laughed so hard that both Yong and I were coughing and coughing.
I shan't tell what the contents were but it's really worthed the ticket price.

One thing that I was kinda cheesed off.
There was this lady next to me (property agent), she was eating the chewy sweets in the theatre which I was fine with. They (she and her partner)  brought in a small Evian bottle of water which was totally understandable.
However, during the intermission, they stood up to go out for a smoke (scent after they came back told me so) and to my horror - there were sweet wrappers all over the floor. The guy even tripped over the Evian bottle but he never bothered to pick it up. It was really full of litter on the floor in between the 2 of them.
Haiz, talk about a gracious society - in Esplanade somemore.
I'm not saying that because you are in an atas place you should act atas la but it should be a habit not to litter ma.
They were dressed really well and looked groomed but this was like OMG lor!

No comments:

Post a Comment