Tuesday, December 1, 2009

ShenZhen!

Yeap!! We've arrived at the 5* Shangri-la hotel.

Kinda jinxed actually.
Let me re-count thy things that had happened to me/us today.

1) Was supposed to pick up Esther at 245pm from her house to head down to the airport today. Had a last minute message from a recruiter asking me about stuff over and over again which obviously made me late in leaving the house.

2) Headed downstairs and managed to get a cab - lucky me! WRONG!! The cab driver went to the PIE entrance near my house despite me telling him that he can't go towards the airport using that entrance. Darn! He still took it - went to TPY to exit and u-turn. Haiz. He apologised and deducted part of my cab fare.

3) Went to check-in at the counter for Cathay and to my horror - they want to check my bloody credit card that I used for the booking! I didn't bring lor. Shit! Had to pay with another credit card and they will credit back the amount to my other card!!

4) Esther checked in after me and realised that the seat number given by the travel agency was not a reserved seat. She was assigned to another seat. That was settled promptly when we told the counter staff we want to sit together.

5) Flight took off late.

6) I filled up all my cards (arrival and health declaration) on board. When I reached the immigration at the HKIA - I can't seem to locate it!!! F-ed! Had to go back and re-fill another one while Esther waited. Went back to queue (only 1 person in front though) and I realised that the original card was slot in between the cover and first page of my passport lor!! Felt damn stupid lei!!!!

7) Colleagues told us to get a 'bus' shuttle directly from the airport for about 30+ SGD. So, we went to search for the counters. Bought the tickets for around that price and went to the 'loading and unloading bay'. An MPV came!! We were like 'not bus meh'?? So its either this was their so called 'bus' or we got a better deal for the same price that our colleagues paid for a bus (FYI, my notion of bus = those buses or coaches we take to Malaysia). This wasn't a really bad thing that happened la.

8) Arrived in the hotel, we wanted to go recce. But guess what? We on-ed our laptop and now its 1156pm - I am still here after showering! We realised that there were 2 Shang's in Shenzhen - best of all? Both Shangs are near one of the offices!!! We literally looked at each other and started giving the 'look'. Laugh or cry?????? It's a done deal since we've already checked in. So we called the Front Desk to check on the time needed to travel to the other office. I heard '20 hours' when I went into the toilet and I freaked! No lar - 20 minute. Heng not far away lor.

Ok, that's all my updates for 1 day.
Going to rest and head out for work tomorrow!
Toodles.

Signing off from ShenZhen Shang.

No comments:

Post a Comment