Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Majolica VS Canmake Eyeshadow Palette.

After the Japan trip, I was a little hooked onto their drugstore brands like MM, Canmake, KATE etc.
Was looking for a palette that had a cream base with brown or earth shades.
Basically due to the fact that I had too many colors from my MAC pigments (browns included) and I wanted a change for work.
Ok, fine I'm lazy and brown's always safe!!!

So, I am comparing 2 palettes here.
MM's Majolook and Canmake's Perfect Brown Eyes Palette.
MM's palette can be found at most Watsons and retails at S$24.90 (I think).
Canmake's palette is a new LE launch and only found at certain Watsons.
I found it at Bugis & Vivo.
Retails at S$24.90.
Canmake's one has 20% off and I think MM's one has too for GSS now.
So here comes the pros and cons after I used it.
Since prices are almost the same, that should be on equal standing.
I got the BR355 which is a staple at all counters.
I found the cream shadow too glittery and it doesn't really hold the colors well.
After 3-4 hours, the shadows fall onto my cheek and so does the glitter.
Amy can vouch for this as I used it on our BKK trip last month.
I did not use any other base with the cream but usually it doesn't fall out as much as MM.
However, the brown shadows are really pretty by itself without the cream.
The applicator is sponge on both sides but I use my own brushes. =)
FYI, this is really, really shimmery with loads of GLITTER in the cream base.
I think this has 6 different palettes with the colors really varying.
But I won't consider getting another one.
 The Canmake palette on the other hand is probably LE and not all Watsons have them.
I had a little problem looking for it actually = frustrating.
I tried Bishan and TPY but both had none.
So it was Bugis and Vivo. I think the major town Watsons should have it.
I bought the deep brown (first from bottom in the photo).
The cream base was brown in all palettes which made is really easy to put on.
I only used the 2 browns as I haven't had the chance to use the black yet.
Maybe cause I am tanned, the color looks natural on me with a little shimmer.
I have to say that the fallout is lesser than MM's palette and this is not as glittery too.
Applicator is a small brush on one side and a sponge tip on the other.
Got this for S$19.90 but I feel that the colors are repeated in all 3 palettes (different combination) so no need to get all 3.

If given a choice to only get 1, I'll get the canmake one.
Reason being it's LE (no la).
Main reason is due to lesser fallout.
It can be really irritating when your whole cheeks are glittery after 3-4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment