Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Tribute to my Dad.

My dad may not have been the perfect dad but I know he has always tried to be one. During the final stretch of his life, I see his strong straits in fighting for his life despite all the pain he has been suffering.
Like I always told my sister, I did not know how to face him as it pained me everytime I saw him.
It was a real tough fight.

There are also many, many good memories..
Waking up in my parent's room on weekdays to the sound of his hairdryer blowing his currypok hair.
Choosing his shirt for him when he was getting ready to head out (yea, I had that flare since I was a little girl.)
Hearing him sing 'Let's go baby let's go baby come on!' (it was one of the Ms Universe song and he used it to urge us to get out of the house)
Having the same dishes in my Cai Fan when he tabao-ed home dinner (steam egg, Gu Lou Rou and Cabbage)
Walking with him to AMK enroute to school during wee hours of the morning.
Hanging out with him at fish and bird shops.
Going to morning bird 'shows' with him.
His Kangaroo brand shorts.
Going to play badminton with him and 2 uncles on weekends at TPY badminton complex.
Him buying roasted chicken leg rice for me.
His routine with the bird, fish and dog feeding, bathing etc.
Sitting with him in the kitchen and just looking at him make/repair bird cages.
Us cleaning the house and after that having our 'DISCO' night.
Waking me up to go for my dragonboat training by banging on my door.
Him making Dong Gua Tong Shui, Bird's nest, sea coconut etc (my dad was a fantastic cook!)
Going to AMK bowl with him after work to play bowling with his friends.
Him trying to upgrade himself and asking for a dictionary and how to spell certain words.
My dad losing his temper at Ami and slamming the dining chair in anger.

I'm always in awe of my dad and the things he can do (breed fishes, bowl a curve/spin ball, repair a bird cage, cook a great dish amongst many other things).
My dad always tries to fulfill our wishes - having our own room, giving us a hi-fi set, buying me my MD player etc etc etc.
He has also taught me to be the person I am today.
Being a strong person and always trying my best in things I do.
Being a friend to even my foes (I'm still trying to achieve that).
No one can tell me that my dad wasn't the greatest dad there is cause to me he will always be.
I will always remember him and the teachings/lessons he has taught me.

Taken at TPY park in the blue polo that I'll always remember.


DADDY, I LOVE YOU LOADZ!!

2 comments:

  1. yea.. i missed him alot too. He taught me computer back then (286)

    ReplyDelete
  2. he did? he tries his hand at everything..that's also another memory of him..

    ReplyDelete