Saturday, June 19, 2010

Rojak!

I am a sucker for 'peanuts'.
Rojak, satay, satay bee hoon, peanut butter are a few of my favorite food.
Sometimes, we head to TPY for lunch and I realised that the infamous rojak re-opened.
I've tried in vain for close to 1 week in tabao-ing the rojak home for dinner.
Finally, I managed to do so for lunch on Thursday.
There was still a queue but it wasn't as long as the dinner crowds.
Queueing up and looking at the uncle make the rojak, I was wondering how nice it could be.
Reason was that he's dishing out 1 plate after another in less than 5 minutes.
All the ingredients were already cut and sitting in tubs.
Also, I felt that it wasn't really mixed properly before he dished them out.
Maybe due to the fact that I tabao-ed it home, everything had a change to settle and there were slightly more liquid.



I underestimated this box of $3 rojak.
There's a 10% going on till mid July (I think).

There were the usual ingredients - pineapple, mang guang, cucumber, dou gey.
The you tiao and dou pok was crispy!!
Despite the fact I tabao-ed ok?
Also, there was the old traditional ingredient of cuttlefish!
How often do you see that in rojak nowadays?
Last but not least, uncle was not a tad bit conscious about the HUGE amount of peanut doused on top of the rojak.
Every morsel of food picked out from the mixture is covered in it!
SOLD!

Look at the amount of peanuts left in the bottom of my box!
Yums!!

No comments:

Post a Comment