Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Friends?

I've just learnt a pricey lesson..friends that you think are the closest to you..may not be...


friend (Noun)
1. a person known well to another and regarded with liking, affection, and loyalty
2. an ally in a fight or cause
3. a patron or supporter


Well..apparently..I have none that could be defined as above...reason? I was ostracised by some of my 'friends' and I only found out when I had to grill one of them to please tell me...


Friends in my understanding DO NOT just leave you when they feel that you've done something wrong or unlikeable..they advice you, talk to you and make you understand their standpoint...why didn't they do that? Afraid I'll back stab them? If that is true than I think their definition of friendship and mine is far far apart.


I think they'll rather let me rot just to protect themselves avoiding the confrontation with me to tell me that I should be careful with xxx or people are saying xxx about me and not just ignore me. This is like so primary school isn't it?


If this is a lesson that I should learn, I'll learn never to trust any of my 'friends' in life till they've proven worthy of my trust? Forget it...I'll just strike this bunch of people (note not friends) off my list of people I should put my utmost faith in that when I am down and out that they'll be there for me...because this time around, they are the one that are causing me to be down and out and not any others...well..enough crying and feeling low..time to dust off and get back on my feet.


I've got many others more worthy of my love and trust.


Thanks for teaching me this valuable lesson in life.


Keeping my mouth shut and not trusting any one so easily.
Update: thanks to those that lent me a listening ear and those that sent their regards. It's these people that makes life worthwhile...love ya all!

3 comments:

  1. dun feel bad.. i know i'm always here for u... :p

    Miss A

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's never easy with "friends". i always had problems since pri school even till now. so no worries, i understand how u feel. cheer up! life's short...i'm learning to be happy and be who i am too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ami..thanks mei...yea..learning to let go..afterall..i have great frens like u both! that's more than enough...

    ReplyDelete