Saturday, August 1, 2009

Aug 1st 2009 - Guo Da Li Day (PART 1).

August 1st - the day for my Guo Da Li. In Chinese tradition, this is a day where the guy's family come over to the bride's family to ask for the daughter's hands in marriage. In preparation of today, many items were bought by both family for the exchange.
This morning I woke up at 9am to get ready and go get breakfast from the famous prata house at Upper Thomson for my family. Thereafter, it was a whole load of cleaning - the rooms, living room, dining area..well the whole house and of course the 2 smelly dogs.
Yong should be picking up the traditional biscuits for the ceremony right as I am typing this. Either that, or he should be on his way over.
My family is sitting around waiting for their arrival.
To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment