Sunday, November 14, 2010

Baby Look.

Thanks to everyone who have showered my baby and me with blessings.
I greatly appreciate them.
However, this blog will not be a baby blog.
Every now and then, I will post updates on my baby but the majority of the post will not be about him/her.

Well, the journey so far is something that I can't find a single word to describe.
I first found out I was pregnant (with the urge of my boss) back in mid September.
The usual aching boobs, tiredness and little appetite (I thought) was due to the fact that my period was approaching.
I only missing my period for 4 days or so that my boss told me to do a test.
Lunch time came and off to Watsons.
She was more excited than I was.

Well, the result was out.
And, I was at a lost for words.
All the emotions hit me at once - happy, excited, sad, anxious etc.
Thing was I took a taxi home and it was drizzling.
Called my hubby to fetch me and he was reluctant to come down.-_-"
He didn't know yet but he did come down in the end.
I broke the news to him only when we reached home.
Happy dad..


I headed to the gynae and found out I was actually already 5 weeks pregnant.
This meant that baby's first trip was to Taiwan!
The past months, I was battling morning sickness and tiredness.
It was H.O.R.R.I.B.L.E!
I had no energy to even get up from bed.
Thanks to flexible work practices and a great boss, I was absent every other day from office until the 12th week.
I literally stayed home every day and outings lasted at most 2-3 hours.
I told myself this has to end on the 12th week!!
Miraculously, it did =)
Some times the morning sickness will last till 4-5 month (like my mum).
Now, I'm probably only battling fatigue which is still alright.
I did get some tips from great mummies which I will share at the end of this post but I don't think it's a sure-fire solution for everyone pregnant.
So, baby cleared the 12th week sonography.
Some scan photos below.

Baby in my womb.
Head, body, hands, legs all visible.

Baby's approx length is 5.36 cm at 11th week and 6 days.

So, back to the first few months, my best friend was ginger soup.
Helps me release the gas stuck in my tummy which helps me reduce the nausea feeling.
My colleague used gassy drinks like coke, pepsi to get rid of the gas.

As for waking up and feeling the nausea - eat something once I woke up helped loads.
This was an advice from a mummy who had 3 kids =)
Eat anything, drink a glass of warm milk, milo, bread, biscuits.

Tiredness?
Just have to sleep it off.
12 hour sleep works best =)

Lastly, you need a really supportive husband through the process.
It really matters.
Although it doesn't seem to be a big deal that my pimples are popping, stretchmarks are coming, dandruff is flaking off my head but his support is still very much needed.
Oh, family support too.
It's a real emotional ride.

Now, it's tiredness, achces and hunger pangs.
Wait till the 3rd trimester.
It's amazing what my body is going through and I think getting pregnant kinda makes you listen to your body a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment