Saturday, November 20, 2010

Review: Hada Labo Products.

Well, I've been contemplating if I should do this review because of my changing skin (due to hormonal changes).
Nonetheless, I've decided to still go ahead with the review.
Please bear in mind that I've started using these products before my changing conditions.
Also, I've finished most of the products that I am reviewing below.

Disclaimer: All these products were bought with my own moolah and these were not sponsored/paid in any way. Also, the below views are mine and it may differ to other reviewers.
Photos were taken off Hada Labo website.

1. AHA/BHA Exfoliating Face Wash. S$12.90.

I did not purchase the Super Hyaluronic Face Wash because after reading up on both face washes, I was a little more impressed with the AHA/BHA one. It has an additional polishing effect to give a clarity and brightening effect by promoting cell renewal. I had wanted to get the foam bottle as I was too lazy but I only found this in Taiwan. This is suggested to be used with sunscreen. I guess it's due to the fact that it polishes off skin leaving it a little more vulnerable.

My views: I still use my Ginvera Green Tea Marvel Gel once to twice a week despite the promise of polishing by the face wash. Personally, I find that the marvel gel gives my face the whiter/brighter feel and I don't find this a really good buy despite the price. Also, I think my pores were significantly bigger thus having a little more clogged pores than usual. Not sure if it was due to the facial wash though. I've used Faceshop facial washes and found that it's better. For me, I feel that having a clean face to start with is vital and I'm more willing to spend a little more on a good cleanser. So this doesn't really work for me and I won't think of buying it again.
 

The rest of the products I used were from the hydrating range.
I have dry/combi skin which was always in need of hydration and I was really excited when Hada Labo was launched in Singapore some months back.
I tried 3 of the hydrating range products.

2. Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion. S$22.90
This is the product that has 1 sold every 4 seconds in Japan and it helps to improve dry and dehydrated skin.
Basically, hydration is the main purpose of this item.
Use it after the facial wash, pat gently onto the skin.

My views: I've finished the entire bottle =) I find that if I use this alone, it's not as fantastic as using it with the serum. But it does improve hydration of my skin after using it. I like it that there's no alcohol which doesn't irritate my skin as some toner. One bottle also goes a long way as you only need 2-3 drops to pat on the face. No visible smells too =) I might re-purchase this item again in future.

3. Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Essence. S$30.90
This product like all essences provide for deeper hydration with a higher concentration of Hyaluronic Acid.
After the lotion, pat this onto the skin.

My views: I'm finishing this bottle too. I feel that the essence used at night really allows for the skin to be softer and more supple the next day. It does feel hydrated and not dry even if I sleep in air-con. This might be a re-purchase for me if there's a sale in Watsons.
Also, a tip for those using this, if you think you've finished it via the pump, stand it upside down, un-screw the pump and you'll find more of the essence. By doing this, I have enough for another 8-10 more usages.

4. Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Milk. S$22.90
This is basically the moisturiser in the range.
Use it after the lotion or after the essence.

My views: Sad to say, this bottle is still sitting in my cupboard. I've tried it 3-4 times over a span of time and gave up on it totally. Reason being that I find this sticky after application. There might be some reviews that doesn't find it sticky but I do. After applying, I left it to dry and when I touch my face - it's still sticky. It doesn't seem to be fully absorbed into my skin and it leaves sort of a film on the surface of my face. So, I gave up on this product. Before doing this review, I tried it one more time and I still felt the same despite me using only a 10 cent drop of product. So, this is a no-go product for me.

=================================================================

For those travelling in December or those who want to try the products, Hada Labo will be launching a LE Gift pack for S$15.90 at Watsons.
I read that it will be available from 18 Nov onwards.
For those who want to try this - this might be a better way rather than getting the full sized product. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment