Friday, November 26, 2010

BeautyMaker Aquamarine Toner, Serum & Lotion.

 I've finished my Hada Labo range of face care so I've started on my recently purchased BeautyMaker set.
I bought this on PayEasy.com and collected them from the 7-11 when I was in Taiwan during August.


3 items I used (from L to R) - Aquamarine softening toner, Aquamarine Hydrating Serum and Aquamarine Hydrating Lotion.

I've only started using them Monday this week so the below reviews are based on my first hand account with using these products.
My routine for the day and night differs by 1 step.
Day: Toner, Lotion, Sunscreen, Base Makeup.
Night, Toner, Serum, Lotion, zzzz.

Aquamarine Softening Toner 120ml

The product packaging is great!
It comes with a spray nozzle and you spray it onto your face directly.
Pat it on and your done.
Doesn't let you waste the product =P
The packaging is plastic too so it's great for travelling (if you are used to bringing full sized face care).
I usually let this dry before I go on to Step 2.

It smells great - Rose scent for all 3 products.
Absorbs fast and it also helps to minimise my pores around my nose and cheeks =)
However, I realise all 3 products has Paraben.

Aquamarine Hydrating Serum 30ml

The usual pump nozzle.
I use about 2 pumps for my face & neck.
The product is a clear liquid which goes onto the face very smoothly.
Similarly, this get absorbs really fast and is non-sticky.

Aquamarine Hydrating Lotion 50ml

So, after Hada Labo, I was pretty skeptical about lotions.
Previously, I've usually used gel based products.
When pumped out, this is a white fluid.
The texture of the product was really soft and liquidity.
It's not sticky and not thick thus it gets absorbed real quick like the other 2 products.

I'm really bad at description so here's a photo of the lotion.

So, after 1 week of usage, I find that my pores are smaller.
Which explains why I have less blemishes which my facial therapist mention was due to clogged pores.
My scars on my chin are lightening too =)
T-zone doesn't secrete as much oil as with Hada Labo.

Oh, I've stopped using the Hada Labo cleanser as I found it too harsh on my skin.
I'm using the VinVin AHA Magic Bubble facial wash 350ml from Payeasy.
This doesn't smell nice (not nice!) but I think it does it's job of cleaning my face better than Hada Labo.

I was just looking back at my Taiwan buys post and I realised that I haven't even touched the Jill Stuart Makeup or the Lunasol foundation I bought.
I'm still trying to finish some other foundations I have on hand and I'll be reviewing them shortly. =X

No comments:

Post a Comment