Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Koi fix.

Hmm, I realise some people in Singapore don't really know Koi Cafe so I'm doing a post to introduce them and how to order my fav cuppa..haha..(like real)...this is not a paid advertisement (again, how I wish it was..even in kind..1 cup every month sounds good).

Basically, because of my 1. laziness, 2. tiredness and 3. laziness and tiredness - I haven't really been dressing up or putting much makeup for work or to go gai gai (outings).
Thus, that explains why I haven't posted any such photos recently *pouts*.
Today, I'm wearing black gauchos, tee with specs.
On my face, there's sunscreen and foundation only (no concealer even!!) =X
What's there to post?!!
And (to self slap), I brilliantly told Mr Look that I will not be one of those pregnant ladies who don't dress up or put makeup (no offence to those ladies out there cause I'm part of the gang now)!
I finally understood - I don't even have enough time to zzz and getting up to shower already saps half my morning's energy away, how to dress up!!!! 
Excuses only!!
 Keep reminding myself - 世上没有女人,只有女人!!!
To translate: There's no ugly women on earth, only lazy woman.
Able to get out of the house and to the office is already good enough.
I don't fault those ladies anymore *hugs*.
I can finally say - I comprehend, I totally do comprehend.
But, I need to reiterate to those ladies afraid to get pregnant due to the symptoms that you read here -
 NOT EVERYONE GOES THROUGH THE SAME PROCESS! =)

Anyway, back to bubble tea.
For those who do not know what bubble tea is, the below excerpt was taken from Wiki.

Bubble tea is a sweetly flavored tea beverage invented in Taiwan.
Drink recipes may vary, but most bubble teas contain a tea base mixed with fruit (or fruit syrup) and/or milk.
Bubble teas usually contain small tapioca balls or pearls called "boba".
These teas are shaken to mix the ingredients, creating a foam on the top of some varieties, hence the name.


Well, ever since my first trip to Taiwan, I fell in love with their warm milk bubble tea.
This was probably back in 2006 or 2007 with the bubble tea craze in Singapore almost dying down.
I wasn't able to find warm bubble tea in Singapore on the go until recently when Koi Cafe opened up.
I would say that it's the closest thing I could find to the one I had in Taiwan but be warned that different outlets serve up slightly different tastes =P
Don't ask me how to differentiate good and bad bubble tea.
I'm not an expert.
I just like to drink it.

Like I said in my earlier post, pregnant ladies are asked to reduce intake of caffine.
I try to drink Koi only once every 3 weeks =P
Also, I ask for only 25% of sugar.
Oh, I think why Koi has long queues is also their ability to cater to your wanted sugar levels.
This was never available before Koi opened up.
Healthier choice? I don't really know.
Again, I'm going to warn that I feel that some outlets' 25% seems sweeter than other outlets.

Ok, so how to order Koi.
I've seen people struggling to order their drinks before.
Nevermind, order once and you'll know right?
Don't worry too much.

1. Queue up.
Be prepared to queue twice, once for the order and the other time to get your drink. Sometimes the queue to order might not seem long but the wait to get your order might be super duper long. I've always heard people say that the wait time is crazy long due to the massive crowds. Longest I've waited? Probably 30 minutes for the entire process. Since I've got a Koi just under my office, I tend to only buy on days that the queues are relatively shorter. Usual wait time for the entire proces would be 10-15 minutes max. =)

2. Decide on your drink, the size of the drink, pearls and level of sweetness.
Well, this is the tough part. Koi has over 20 types of drinks. Size is easy - only Medium and Large. Medium is the small and Large is the large. hahaha. Go see for yourself. Next, do you want pearls? And lastly, the level of sweetness - 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%. For Honey Milk Tea - the level of sweetness is not an option.

3. Order, pay and wait to collect.
Erhm, after ordering and paying, the lady/gentleman will hand you a slip of paper with a number on it. Go and stand at the side and wait for your number to be called. They don't collect the slip of paper back so you can just collect your drink and throw the slip of paper into the bin at the counter. Don't wait there and try to stuff your paper at him/her - they'll just tell you they don't need it or (in the worse case) ignore you and point to the bin.

Viola, your first Koi experience!

For my usual order, I take either Milk Tea (S$2.40), Green Milk Tea (S$2.40) or Honey Milk Tea (S$2.90) in the medium cup with less pearls (they give too much for a medium cup - not complaining, just that I don't want a whole mouthful of pearls with every gulp) and with 25% level of sweetness. I usually order mine warm too.

My warm medium milk tea with less pearls and 25% sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment