Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ivy's Day Out - Movie, Shopping & Dinner.

Yes! I finally had a full day out (around 8 hours out of the house) after so many months!
I was asking my hubby when was the last time we watched a movie in the cinema.
He doesn't remember either.
Since it was Hari Raya Haji (he woke me up before 10am for breakfast) and he'd finished all the housework, I suggested to go catch a movie in the cinema.
Headed out at around 1230 to Balestier for a MacDonald's lunch and than to catch the movie 'Unstoppable'.


If it's a film starring Denzel Washington, we'll always try to catch it.
As usual, the film was not a disappointment =)
If you're not a Harry Potter fan but want to catch a movie this weekend, I'd suggest you catch this film.
It really makes you pay attention to the film almost every step of the way.
I shall leave it as that.

The next movie I'll probably catch will be Harry Potter this Saturday and maybe 'Red' soon.
Yea, trying to catch up on all the missed films the past 2 months..haha..
Luckily most of the interesting films come out during Nov/Dec period.

After the movie ended around 3pm, I suggested to head to Kino for the 20% sale.
Least did I expect the queue to be super duper duper looooonnnnnggggggggg!
I really mean it....
It's worse than Mango sales!!!
We judge them to be 50-80 metres long.
I'm not joking!!!!!
I G.A.V.E U.P without even attempting to queue..hahahahahah.
Forget it =P I stood there to flip magazines only.
We shopped around (actually only Zara) and than headed to Ion for Starbucks!!

Ok, I am told by my gynae to try to abstain from coffee and tea.
I'm not the type that require coffee on a daily basis but I do enjoy a cuppa once in a while even before pregnancy.
I love my occasional bubble tea too =)
So, my indulgence this time round was Chai Tea Latte (which is categorised as Black Tea)!
Tea has less caffeine content as compared to coffee so I feel less guilty..haha..excuses la.
And I was a little hungry - Bagel with cream cheese!!!!
I didn't polish off everything on my own, Mr Look took maybe 1/4 of everything =P
Share my fats!!!
Wahahahahha.....

Next, continue shopping.
Headed to CrabTree & Evelyn since members had 30% discount storewide.
Wanted to get their hand therapy lotion but couldn't settle on scent.
Headed to L'Occitane instead.
Haiz = spend more $$$.


I still love the Cherry Blossom scent.
They launched 2 new scents Fleur Cheri and LE Rose des Neiges.
Fleur Cheri is described as a floral fragrance of Neroli, Jasmine and Musk.
I find that it has a peachy scent, the SA described it as Peach Blossom.
Rose des Neiges is a LE Christmas scent.
As the name states - Rose scent.
Very sweet and not overpowering.
I fell in love with the scent thus I got the gift set at S$43.50.
I'll check with Haru if L'Occitane is cheaper in London and I'll get some full sized items there =P

I also went next door to Kiehl's to get their lip balm.

My lip has been cracking up recently and I'm worried it will get worse in London.
I got this balm for a couple of close colleagues last year and I've always wanted to try.
It is a little expensive at S$19 (which Mr Look 'complained') but I think it's alright compared to some other brands for 15ml =)
I've been using MLS and Laneige lip treatment balms which sadly does not have SPF for the day.
So, I'll use these at night before I sleep and the new Kiehl's balm during the day.

We had a romantic tabao-ed dinner on the steps of NAC under the stars.
If the Christmas lighting have started, it would be more romantic.
And, to top of the night, our parking at Wisma (for 4 hours or so) was free~
The parking mechanism had some bugs and $$ wasn't deducted from our cashcard!
Thanks Wisma!!

Back to work!
1 more day till the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment