Thursday, July 8, 2010

First Week of July.

As Michelle termed her FB album - first week of July was spent in Batam with my loved ones.
Ami's birthday was drawing near and some plans flopped so I made the last minute plan to spend 1 night in Batam.
Thanks to Charles for booking the hotel and getting the address of the massage place for me. =)
I brought my idiot-proof Sony camera but Mic up-ed me by bringing her DSLR!
So, my camera was literally useless during this trip =X

See her DSLR (or rather her BF's DSLR)!

At Harbourfront toilet.

Waiting for our ferry =)


Sisters =)

My boarding pass.
We took the 10:50 am ferry to Batam Center.
Since Batam was 1 hour behind, we reached around 11:20am.
First stop was to the cinema, we wanted to catch the Twilight Saga that opened last Thursday.

See the people standing behind us?
Reason was that the cinema only opens at 12noon.
Everyone was waiting to see the Eclipse (I keep thinking of the sweet) movie and thus everyone dashed in when the doors opened!

I got the tickets!!

It was only Rp 25,000 (S$4)!
I bought the first available movie at 1250pm.


Birthday girl waiting only..


This popcorn was d-e-licious!
Michelle finished it.


Lunch at some place in Batam Center.
Don't remember the name of the place already =X
After this, we took a cab to the massage place - Indo Thai.
2 hour traditional massge is Rp 140,000 (S$21.50).
I believe Charles get it at discount when he goes but he wasn't there with us.
Anyway, this place was mobbed with tourists!!!
For those who want to go, do make an appt first. Especially on weekends.

We had to wait for about 30minutes upon arrival and this was because I called from the cab to make the booking.
There was another group which had to wait for an hour.

I look like I have bugs bunny tooth.


Dedicated to Don.
Both my sisters knew this pose!hahaha...
After the massage, we headed to Holiday Inn!



Sotong me! I forgot to save the reservation number that Charles gave me.
Ding dong at the lobby for ages before giving up and telling the front desk that the specific Charles booking was ours.
Reason? The World Cup match between Germany and Argentina was about to start.
First thing we did upon reaching the room - check if the TV was airing the match..hahahaha.....
Then, it was time to order dinner.

Eating my favorite Qtela chips!
Michelle says she loves this photo so I'm posting it.
Night scene from our balcony.
Ours was a 2 bedroom suite.
This was Ami & Mic's room - no toilet though.
The other was the master bedroom with the toilet.

Yong's Heineken.
Our dinner - not that fantastic.
During half time, with Argentina losing, we gave Ami a lil surprise!
Her very own - donut birthday 'cake'.
Happy Birthday!
I went to sleep after Germany got in 4 goals *yawnz*.

Next morning, we got up for some breakfast.
Think this was Ami's cereal.
Mic's had fruit loops in it.
My breakfast.
Yong's capuccino.
Close up shots of everyone.
The purest of the purest look with no makeup or concealer. hahaha..
Time to laze at the pool.
No sun as it was cloudy.
No use for banana boat.
Went back to the room to shower and pack up.
Time to leave.
Heading back to Batam Center.
Searching for food.
The All American Food!
They were thinking if they want to take photo with the bear.
I walked in to find seats.
The tourist-y thing to do =)
Not as nice as last time =(
This hit the right spot!!!
We took the 2:10pm ferry back to Singapore.
That's the end of the short vacation!!

3 comments:

  1. hehe, mine wasn't fruit loops la, the one in the picture was mine. hehe! :D



    *IT'S SO FLUFFY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear sisters...
    we need eyebags removal surgery soon..

    ReplyDelete