Friday, July 9, 2010

RIS from MUA.

'RIS from MUA' means 'Received in Swap' from Makeupalley.
Makeupalley is a website where people share beauty tips, reviews, swatches and swaps on various beauty items from around the world.
I've been a member of MUA for some years but only recently have I become active again (need to get rid of some makeup so I can buy more =X).
There you can swap your clothes, bags, shoes, makeup, beauty products etc with other people for things you'd like to try which might not be available in Singapore.
I've been swapping away some of my makeup which has been sitting in the cupboard for some time.
Received 2 swaps from the US that I've been waiting anxiously.

The first one was for the Benefit Sugarbomb blusher.
The very nice MUA-er was working in Sephora and she kindly CP (custom purchased) my long lem-ed NARS blusher with her employee purchase discount!
My first package - 2 NARS blusher, 1 Benefit Sugarbomb and the rest are all freebies included by her.

I see 2 colors in here that reminds me of Dallas and Coralista.
Will try this out once I wash my blusher brush!

Left - Luster, Right - Orgasm.
I've been lemming for NARS blushers for the longest of time.
Although we went to US 2 years back, this was not really my top-of-the-list item then.
There's been much raves and dupes of the Orgasm blusher and I've finally got my hands on it *muahahahah*!!!
I can't believe it - after so many years of experimenting with makeup - I can still get excited over something that's not LE (limited edition)!!!
Luster was a recent lem when I saw the shade swatch on MUA.
Luster is described as 'sheer golden apricot' on the website.
My photo doesn't do it any justice as it was taken at night after the cake session at Ami's house.
On first glance it looks brownish gold to me (pardon my description as I really suck with colors =X).
Orgasm is described as 'Peachy Pink with shimmer'.
Ok, that description works well with me. On first glance, I told Ami that it reminds me of Coralista.

I did a comparison.
It's not exactly the same.
Coralista is more orange-y in color as compared to Orgasm.
Orgasm is more pink-ish than Coralista.
Hahaha..the final verdict - the color is different (although Yong says it looks the same).
I will try all 3 blushers soon!
NARS blushers go for USD 26 and Benefit blushers go for USD 28.
Funny why I have 3 Benefit blushers and no NARS for the past years =P

My other MUA swap which took close to 4 weeks to reach me from US.
The reason? 
It was sent to Thailand and then routed to Singapore when they realized Thailand is not Singapore =)
Oh well, at least it reached me eventually.
This was a CP for some of my MAC items.
My CoverGirl staples - tinted moisturizer and loose powder.
The girl included an extra set for me as she took sometime to order and get this sent to me.
I've got 1-2 more swaps arriving but there's one girl who hasn't been replying my mails although she logs in.
Just wanted to tell her that we can see when your last log-in date is on your main page.
These are the people that make MUA a very 'unhappy' place *tsk tsk*.

No comments:

Post a Comment