Tuesday, July 20, 2010

iNouvi Clean It Brush Cleaner - attempt 1.

Well, I headed out to get this cleaner as I saw a couple of great reviews on it.
Best of all, it's alcohol free which causes less damage to some brushes.
Retails 120ml for S$17 at all iNouvi stores.

From the iNouvi website, it's an alcohol-free brush cleaning spray. Simply spray fresh-semlling CleanIt onto brushes to clean, disinfect and condition in one easy step. With botanical conditioning agents and it's soap free. Contains aloe, chamomile, mint and orange. Well, I did try it once I got home and it doesn't smell that bad.

My eyeshadow brush with all the browns in it.

Sprayed Cleanit on a tissue.

Swirl my brush in the liquid.

Final results.

My verdict after the first trial - not a 'Wow me' product.
My brushes weren't exactly very clean. I could still see some shimmers/sparkles on it.
I will probably stick to washing with water and facial soap every month.
This will be the one I use for simple cleaning every other week.
I tried this on bigger brushes such as my foundation and blusher brush.
The results were that the center of the brushes didn't really get cleaned even after multiple attempts at the 'spray on tissue and swirl brush' technique.
On the website, it says 'Simply spray fresh-semlling CleanIt onto brushes to clean' maybe the method i use was wrong or my brushes were really tooooo dirty...so I shall try it a second time and review again.

No comments:

Post a Comment