Thursday, September 9, 2010

Review: Lancome Teint Miracle + Mystic Launch Party.

Taking a break from the Taiwan posts.
I was totally hyped when I first read Haru's post on the new launch of Lancome Teint Miracle.
Thanks to her post, I found out that they were giving out samples at their counters.
Headed to Vivo to get the sample at the Lancome counter that very day.
Thing was, the SA was quite relunctant to open the new bottles for me to see the shades or give me a sample.
Nonetheless, I did manage to get 7-8 pumps of the sample she thought suited my skin tone best in a 3 gram jar.



I've tested it once for work a couple days back and I felt that the staying power was pretty strong.
I have to clarify first - I'm pretty lucky as I do not have much skin issues (thanks to good genes).
Meaning no enlarged pores or massive secretion of oil on my face.
My problems are probably red zits, nose area and dark eye rings/bags.
Also, I have really tanned skin unlike most Asian women (not really a minus but it gets difficult to get right foundations and I can't use BB creams as the tint is usually ghostly white on me).

So, I did a 2nd attempt at it after reading up some beauty blogs on tips about using this foundation.
Here goes, don't get scared of my 0 makeup face =)

So, dark eye rings and zit scarrings are my major issues.
Pardon the towel as I just washed my hair =)

After 1 thin layer of Teint Miracle on the face.
As you can probably tell the difference, the dark eye rings were concealed slightly.
I would say that the coverage is pretty good as the foundation is pretty easy to blend.
FYI, I use my fingers and do it from under the eye blending it outwards and then the forehead.
I find that fingers tend to warm up the foundations much better for application.
I also added an additional step to cover my face with my palms with a little pressure to warm my face =)
Learnt this from Kevin Lao Shi on the TV as it helps to even out the foundation or better staying power (Don't remember which one).

2nd layer of foundation - this time I used slightly more.
I can't see the discoloration around my nose or the zit scarring on my nose and cheek =)
Totally agree that it provides the dewy look!!
And, you don't really need alot of the product to achieve this look.
Not sure how much the pump will produce in 1 pump but I think 1 pump or a little lesser will be enough for the face and jaw-line.
That means that bottle will last pretty long even if you use it daily.
And, the small jar I have will probably last me for another 2-3 applications.

Done!
Used CG face powder, a little bit of under-eye concealer, JS eye jelly, Sleek Storm Palette, Dollywink eyeliner, Canmake blusher and lip balm.
I wore this look to the Laneige Mystic Launch Party earlier this evening at Wisma.
After 5 hours or so with a new lippie color thanks to Larry Yeo.


The result - my blusher was still there (very much like the first time I tried and I wore the foundation for over 8 hours) and it was still pretty much dewy and flawless =)
Also, it doesn't feel cake-y or thick on the skin like some other foundations I've tried before (I'm totally adverse to thick foundations after my wedding last year).
Given the results of this second use, I might be tempted to buy the bottle at S$65.
I'm looking forward to the event next week.
I love the lip color in this above photo that I bought the Laniege moisture lipstick on the spot.
Not part of the Mystic launch though.
For the Mystic items, I'm only interested in the Mystic Veil foundation but I'm hesitant aboon buying as I have to dip my fingers into the tub which is something I don't really like to do.

The color is LR-01 Nude Pink.
Larry used it with a peachy gloss overlay on top as I asked him to help me out with the nude look lip.
He very kindly did the look on me =)
Larry was so interesting to talk to and he was like an encyclopedia of beauty products and secrets!!
Not sure if I can remember every thing we spoke about but it was certainly an eye opener to meet and chat with him.
Thanks to Diana who accompanied me to the party.

We also met Iris of Rouge Deluxe!
She was really warm and friendly despite this being our first meeting.
She also shared some beauty tips and products.
Thanks for everything on your blog Iris - we really and sincerely appreciate all the effort in maintaining your blog.
We weren't joking when we say we check out your blog on a daily basis babe..sounds like stalkers already right?

Larry managed to get me some Laniege sunblock samples which I wanted to try =)
And the book was the door gift for the event.

I wore this dungree dress with white tank (both from Taiwan).
Once again, thanks to Diana, Iris, Larry and Laniege for the launch party =)
It was really enjoyable.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ivy,
    It was wonderful to meet you and Diana today! Larry's the real expert, not me. And the foundation looks so flawless on you! I wanted to say that I really liked your eyeshadow too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Iris..it's the Sleek Storm palette..cheap but color payoff is really good =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very pretty on you but I think the SA matched you with the wrong shade. It's too dark for you. You're neck looks much lighter then your face.

    ReplyDelete