Sunday, September 12, 2010

Taiwan Day 5: Taipei.

Last day in Taiwan.
I needed to get my favorite Tai Yang Bing (Sun Biscuit or Sun Cake).
I went in search of Li Yi Bing Dian (李仪饼店) at the Taipei Main Station Front Metro Mall.
Bought some Sun Cake and some pineapple tarts.

Since it was early, most of the shops were not open.
But I saw the below photo and I had to take a photo.

Ami, Ivy and Michelle!
Hahahaha...

We headed back to the hotel to pack the biscuits into a carton and headed out for lunch.
Since the Jetstar flight was at 1930, we extended our check-out time to 1500.
Each hour extension was only NT200 so we thought it was better.
And it was lucky that we did as it poured and poured!

Modern Toilet Restaurant for lunch!
This (as many knows) is a toilet-themed restaurant that has made headlines.
There's a branch in Shen Zhen which I visited last December when on business trip.

You circle the menu with a marker and bring it down to the second floor to pay and order.

Yong was finding this place really interesting.
Like I told him, photos do not do the restaurants justice.
You really have to be there to see the decor.
There's also some other theme restuarants in Taipei but I found this the most interesting.

The basin made table.

My hot milk tea without pearl served in a toilet bowl cup.

Our lunch - curry (not nice) and the hotpot (not bad).

Cheese sticks.

Yong ordered the set which came with the dessert.

The super duper big ice-kachang like dessert.
Check out the size difference with the free dessert.
NT 100 (S$4.30) for this.
It was pouring while we were there and someone took our brolly (cheapskate!)!!
Yong had to shelter me to the 7-11 opposite with someone elses brolly for me to get a new one.
NT65 only but its just damn evil of that person to take our brolly when it's pouring outside!!

After we check out, it was still pouring.
1 hour to go before our airport taxi comes.

Headed to Starbucks for a drink.
The green tea was really good!
Very thick and full!

The rain poured really hard even as we went to the airport.
I told Yong I think the typhoon's coming.

See the dark skies?
We made it to the airport safe and sound.

Checked in.
There were so many people having excess baggage.
Each kg was NT600!!
Good thing was that we didn't really have any excess =P

Heading home!!
Next post - our buys!!!

I heard on the day I returned that there are 3 typhoons near Taiwan and it was hit by an earthquake.
I pray that these are minor typhoons and quake as the Taiwanese people were really nice and friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment