Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Base Makeup FOTD, Products & MAC 1 item haul.

Be prepared to see my bare face!!
Only for the strong hearted.
Hehe, yeah, pregnancy effects, the dark eye rings, pimpled face are usually out in full force.
So, I decided to do a scare post on my base makeup for my face. *Evil Laugh*

Wee~ my bare skin!
Scary right?
Imagine my hubby see this every morning (with all the 'shit' in my eyes =X).
After washing, toning, moisturiser, pimple cream and eye cream =)
Yes, being the forgetful pregnant woman - I sometimes forget my eye cream and pimple cream.
There are talks of ladies skipping the skin care due to pregnancy but for me, I think since it's on the skin and not in the blood stream - that should be fine.
Same as body moisturisers which is usually used to prevent stretch marks.
We still gotta take care of our skin despite being pregnant right?!

To prep my skin - I usually reach out for my Jill Stuart pure lasting makeup base.

It's really liquid-ty.
Pinkish in color and goes on smoothly.
Dries a little like powder too.
As usual, it has the signature JS scent.
This comes with SPF15 and you only need less than a 50cent portion for the whole face.
1 bottle goes a long way and I'm almost done with this bottle after close to 7-8 months (used Laneige sunscreen for a month or so in between).

This is after applying the base on my cheeks, nose, forehead and chin.
None on my eye area =)

Next step, base foundation.
Bourjois healthy mix foundation.
No SPF.

This goes on really smooth too.
And only a 10cent or 1 and 1/2 pump for my whole face.
Also, it covers really well too.
From Haru's blog, Bourjois released a new bio detox foundation.
I've yet to try it out but with my Lancome and Lunasol foundation still sealed in their boxes, I don't think I'll be getting it anytime soon. =(
Meanwhile, I'm trying to finish this up so I can open a new foundation for LNY!

After the foundation.
Covered the spots and a lil of my eye bag.
Pretty good foundation for around S$30 (if I remember correctly).
Oh, I only use 1 layer most days as I feel the coverage is good enough.


This is my concealer - no point taking photo of the item as the print on the tube's all gone =P
My *I don't know how many*th Maybelline concealer.
I pray this doesn't go out of stock or get replaced (I just went to Watsons and I can't find it on the display!).
It offers great coverage for me.
FYI, I don't use the applicator directly on my undereye.
I put it on my hand and heat it up with my finger before dabbing it onto my undereye ring.


My trusty Covergirl professional loose powder.
I don't really like cake-y makeup thus I seldom use cake foundation.
If you see me in real life, you can still see some blemishes on my face which to me is still a little natural.
Yes, I know it sounds weird but no one can be perfect till there are no blemishes everyday!
So. using loose powder is still my choice.
I use this with Everyday Mineral Long handled Kabuki brush.
FYI, I buy this on Drugstore.com as the brand is no longer available in Singapore.
I heard it's available in Australia, not too sure though.

Done!
Offers a 'flawless' face.

I've really been reaching out to this P&J eye color primer recently.
There was a stage where I wanted to swap this away but now I'm glad I did not do that.
I used this under the MUFE aqua color for eye (which used to crease on me) and now it works fine!!
I will consider getting another tube.
This applies matte and also offers a coverage on the dark eye lids before eyeshadow application.

Used my Naked Palette.

Viola, my completed look.
No eyeliner, only mascara.
Blusher and lip balm.
I don't fill my eye brows since I'm blessed with thick brows.
I know I should but it looks natural like that.
Neither do I do any contouring or balancing my face or creating double eyelids since they are un-even.
I leave them as they are.
This was my look for the cruise I went for which is coming up next.

Since this was THE friday that MAC released 3 collections, I headed to Tangs to take a look.
*way overdue*

I got Rose Ole from the Cham Pale collection =)
My latest addition and first highlight powder from MAC.
First cosmetic buy for 2011 and it was MAC!
My last was MAC too (brush from London Airport).
I love the beauty powders and had wanted to get the Too Chic Beauty Powder from the Stylishly Yours collection but the stocks weren't in.
So I had to pass on that.
Hopefully, this is the only makeup item I get for Jan 2011 =)

No comments:

Post a Comment