Monday, January 31, 2011

Thoughts on Pregnancy.

Was doing some random thinking now that I'm onto my 6th month of pregnancy.
Yeap, heading into the 3rd Trimester.
Being pregnant is like a whole new life changing experience.
I wasn't very keen on getting pregnant when Mr Look suggested it - he loves kids.
Now, I totally agree that even getting pregnant is god-sent.

I still thank God for blessing my pregnancy and baby's godma for keeping us in her prayers.
Other than the morning sickness and Thalasamic scare that I got during my first trimester, everything has been ok.
Baby's healthy (that's basically what matters most to me), I got to travel twice with not much problem and well, my bump isn't that big which  might probably lessen the chance of backache etc (fingers crossed as I'm getting the calf aches now).

I realised having a very supportive husband is always an added positive in the equation.
Despite that, I must say that men do not know the pains, aches, emotional changes, hormonal changes that happens in a pregnant women's body.
But, I do think that the men are always at the brunt of the emotional rollercoaster their wives go through so never take your husband for granted during this period.
Mr Look has at a few occasions been at the end of my whiplashing the past months (not to mention the tears).
There was once that I was complaining of dandruff and pimples (first trimester body changes) and coupled with the horrible morning sickness and the emotional unstability I whined almost daily.
Yes, I whined daily!
He didn't understand what was the big deal with pimples and dandruff but to a woman it's like going through something that doesn't happen BEFORE pregnancy!

There are many other occasions too where I'd hoped he would be at home to accompany me.
Even if it meant just sitting in front of the TV or going to sleep together instead of him heading out to drink with his friends.
I'm alright with him having his off time and chill time with his friends occassionally but there are just times when I want him around me to be supportive of the pregnancy.
Many husbands probably neglect the emotional turmoil their wives are going through.
But seriously, this is a very important stage to show that you truly care.
Some of my friends were telling me that their hubby had to stay home throughout her pregnancy but I feel that he needs his off-time too.
So, it's a balancing act as always with all relationships.
I've also had colleagues and friends telling me to enjoy the process and be the queen.
I can feel the baby move since my 16-17th week which is pretty early.
It's a weird feeling but now that she's choosy on the position I sleep/sit/rest it's a constant reminder that she's not COMFORTABLE despite me being so.
Guess who daddy sides?
Hahahah...

Another thing I've gotten used to is probably popping pills in the morning!
They are not small sized ok!
The first trimester was still alright (although I complained) - Folic acid (small yellow round tablet like the Flu tablets) and another tablet.
The 2nd trimester - 3 huge tablets!! Fish oil (when you burp you can taste it), Vit tablet and Calcium tablet (yucks!)
For the 3rd trimester - yea! I just have to continue with what I'm taking in my 2nd trimester - I'm not complaining since there's no need for iron pills =)

Did I mention forgetfulness being part and parcel of pregnancy?
Hahaha...I was standing at the atm, inserted my ATM card and than *blank*.
I forgot my pin.
No recollection whatsoever.
Tadah!
That was the first trimester!
Haiz.
Many, many more instances of forgetfulnes.
Ask my hubby or boss anytime.
Another 15 weeks before I see the little one in my womb.
Counting down to a new set of problems.
Hahaahha...

Update: Baby is now about 650grams and growing strong =)
Ivy has put on 4.5 kg so far (can be seen in my thighs..wahhaa).

No comments:

Post a Comment