Saturday, March 6, 2010

90 Day Geisha - Chelsea Haywood.

Saw this book at Kino last month while I was searching for a Japan Map for the trip.
I reserved a copy at the National Library.
I just finished reading this yesterday and I reccomend it to all who are interested in knowing the deep, dark secrets of hostessing in Japan.
Hostessing is not the same as prostitution as these ladies do not sell sex.

I applaud what Chelsea has done by going to Roppongi and experiencing hostessing first hand due to her curiousity.
I applaud even more - her husband, Matt, for standing by her throughout the 90 days.
I believe not all husbands can 'tahan' his wife being out there with different men each night.

Not all Japanese men are sex crazy or yakuzas in Japan.
There are some men that she's met which are very interesting characters.
It's their way of dealing with their lives so who are we to comment.
Read this book with an open mind and learn more about Japanese culture - this is my advise.

No comments:

Post a Comment