Thursday, March 11, 2010

Do You Cherish Your Friends?

Someone once told me that a friendship requires both parties (or more) to put in effort in maintaining it.
I totally agree with that.
I'm probably one that has lost (or rather misplaced) many friends along my journey so far.
Obviously, this could mean that I haven't put in the due effort to keep some of them (or some of them do not want me as a friend anymore - yes, I get the hint).

As we progress in life, many events happen and probably we lose track of our old life and old friends that we've gathered along the way.
Or maybe, as time passes - some friends may not seem important anymore?

One friend of mine recently posted a question on FB, ' Which one's worse - to know that one has changed or to realise what one truly is?'
I believe that at some points in life we always stop to wonder (either by own enlightenment or when someone mentions it) if we have really changed so much?
Or, are we so different that we do not know who we are anymore?

After having lived 27 years of my life (so far), I realised that there are things in life that are pivotal.
People who are always there to let you know that despite you've changed - they still love you for who you are.
These are the things that we (or rather I) focus on when I am lost or down or unsure of myself.
Changes are inevitable (as we learn on textbooks) but how we deal with ourselves - now that's managable.
Things such as my closest friends, my boss, my loving husband and most importantly my sisters.
These pivotal people are probably the ones I focus my life on and really live life itself to the fullest.
Thank you!

Despite losing some friends, it's time I find them back and do my part.
Whether or not they are willing to do their part - that's totally up to them.
At least I've tried on my end.
So my question to my readers - 'Do you Cherish Your Friends?'

3 comments:

  1. junior... well, some friends are juz passerby in your life... but some are to be treasured. i totally agree that it takes both parties to make an effort to keep the friendship going..

    for me, family and friends are really important in my life and i do treasure them. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. senior..i agree that some friends are really more impt than others. thanks for being in my impt friends category.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no matter what...
    I'm glad i have u as my sister!!

    ReplyDelete