Tuesday, March 16, 2010

LNY Makan Gathering at East Ocean Shaw House.

Long overdue post but late is always better than never.
Thank you Senior for the photos!

Oh! Happy Birthday to Jessie!!!

We met some time back in February for a Lunar New Year get together.
Met my ex-colleagues and some new friends for dinner at East Ocean Shaw House.
Man, the place was packed when I arrived.
As usual, was late but I wasn't the latest!!!

Before the food and the late comer's arrival.
Here she is.
Next comes the food.

Steamed prawns.
Very juicy and yummy.
Ultra fresh!
But due to me everlasting itch, I only took 2.
Asking Kang not to act class and just use her hands to eat the prawns..hahahaha..

Eh, I really forgot but its actually sharks' fins.
Nope, its not salted egg base!!
Although it looks like it.
Think was crab roe or something.

My favorite!!
Bamboo Clams with Garlic - yumz!

This is fish that was cooked 2 ways.
The right side was the bones deep fried and the left was the meat stir fried.
I didn't dare to eat the bones but Kang said it was de-licious!

Spinach with fish maw.

Half the table has iPhones lor!!!!
They were trying to sell it to me!
Buy iPhone! Buy iPhone! Buy iPhone!

Last dish - peng cai.
Apparently, we've (Senior, Kang and me) have heard of it but never tried it before.
There were a lot (and I really mean a lot) of food inside!!
Reminded me of the 'one pot' that we have at home after LNY eve every year.

Fruits to end the evening?
Nope..
Linda knew the captain and asked for Nian Gao!

This was complimentary hor..
See how 'big' Linda's face was!!

The dinner set me back S$88.
But the time spent with my dear friends?
PRICELESS!
Hahahahahahaha......

No comments:

Post a Comment