Monday, February 21, 2011

Ecotools Bronze Brush review.

My first EcoTools Brush - purchased from Drugstore.com at USD9.99.
I bought it with the plan to use it as another loose powder brush.
It's really dense and soft.
Really thick too!
Here are some photos of the brush compared with my current loose powder Kabuki brush from Everyday Minerals (retails at USD12).

Basic Description (taken off drugstore.com) of the Ecotools brush:
earth-friendly beauty
soft, cruelty-free bristles
natural & recycled materials
reusable storage pouch (I've thrown it away)

This earth-friendly brush shows respect for the planet:
Highly sustainable bamboo handles.
100% cruelty-free, soft taklon bristles.
Recycled aluminum ferrules.
Reusable storage pouch


Look at the difference in size~

Everything about the Ecotools brush is bigger than the Everyday Minerals long handled Kabuki.

So, I've washed it. No dropping of any bristles during the first wash.
No color run as well (trust me I've had color run with very branded brushes).

I've used it a couple of times. I still feel that the brush is very soft and picks up sufficient face powder.
It is able to go into the sides of my nose due to the softness of the brush.
One not-so-good part that I can foresee is that the size is too big for traveling.
I'd choose the EM brush for travel anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment