Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lunar New Year Goodies.

First year celebrating LNY in my own house~
Had to get some LNY goodies.
Last year, we went to Japan for a holiday so we never bought much stuff for the house.
This year, Mr Look and I decided to get the stuff we like to eat.
Since I wasn't feeling too well a couple weeks back, I didn't buy much to put at home either.
Other than the usual oranges (which I grabbed from office) and the nian gao, here are some other stuff that we love to eat.

Bak Gua.
Yes, Lim Chee Guan!
I did a post back in 2009 on Lim Chee Guan.
Erhm, Mr Look and I queue almost every year when we were dating.
The longest it took me was 4.5 hours?
Mr Look went to queue for me this year.
He went early on a Sunday morning at 8 and I joined him around 10.
Took him about 2.5 hrs to queue with a lot of 'interesting' stuff happening to him within that few hours.
Not to mention what happened after that.
This was the only photo I got before Mr Look opened to eat it =)
Thank you Mr Look for the effort and time.

Some of my favorite snacks (sugee was missing though).
L to R: Honeycomb, chips, pork floss roll, Love letter and pineapple tarts.
The pork floss roll was handmade by me and fried by Ami.
Well, when I was rolling the roll -_-"
I remembered the times when we were young and my cousins and uncle stood around the round marble table doing all sorts of CNY goodies.
Those were the times.
I hope to pass down to my girl next time the culture that I had come to learn when I was young.
Not everything can be bought with money.
Spending time with family doing activities (includes gambling) are probably what I miss most of my LNY childhood.

Cannot be missed for LNY - Gua Zhi!
I can eat this until sore throat.
Hahah!

Ok, all set for LNY - new clothes, shoes, bags, inner wear and sleep wear.
Of course angpows too!
Are you all set?
What's your favorite part of celebrating LNY?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment