Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Birthday FacesbySarah!!

Thanks to Sarah from FacesbySarah everyone enjoyed a 30% discount at MakeUpForever's pro store in Tanjong Pagar on Saturday!
The 30% is usually meant for MUAs only.
Since my prenatal pilates classes was 1 street away, I had Mr Look fetch me there an house earlier to take a look!
I had initially wanted to get some items only - Aqua Eye cream, Aqua eyeliner and a concealer.
Of course, I ended up with slightly more~

The SA that served me gave me a very nice bag~
Thanks Chloe.

The items I bought - 8 in total.
The HD powder, a blusher and another liner I wanted was out of stock.

I had went for 2 colors initially - 3 and 16 (each retails for S$42).
3 is silver and 16 was a more pinkish tone - easy to use on a daily basis.
Chloe had me sold on 21 a turqoise blue shade which looks super gorgeous as a liner!
Can't wait to try these babies out soon!!!

I had wanted the powder blusher in 20 but it was out-of-stock too.
Instead, I was asked to try the HD blusher (S$55) which was highly raved too!
I never had a cream blusher before as I'm worried on the over piling - which makes it like an ang ku kueh on my cheeks!
Chloe gave me some tips and I hope to put it to use soon.

Next, 2 aqua eyeliner in 1L and 22L (S$32 each)
1L is called Star Black, its not a matte black but a shimmery black which I think will be not as harsh.
22L is a grey tone not sliver.
Another one I wanted to get was 12L which was a blue with green highlights. Very pretty.
So, I picked up another tip from Chloe which is to use the aqua liner like a eyeshadow chubby stick (especially those with colors) and it stays for the whole day. =)
If you watch the Eyeliner Experiment done by Sarah, this eyeliner actually won 2nd place as it's waterproof =)

Next up, HD concealer (S$55).
Yet to try this out so I'll review this next time.

The last thing I got is something I didn't know existed *duh*.
Chloe used the So Divine cleanser on my waterproof swatches and I asked about using it on bare skin with no makeup basically just as a cleanser.
She suggested the above item called Pure Water (S$45) instead since there's no waterproof makeup on my skin.

Description off the MUFE site:
The cleansing, moisturizing, alcohol-free water, Pure Water, removes face and non-waterproof eye make-up.
It leaves the skin soft and toned.
Make-up free skin feels fresh and purified, with no oily film.
Pure Water moisturizes the skin thanks to the active ingredients included ib its formula.

How I plan to use this?
It's actually for my confinement month.
Looking for something that will be able to cleanse my skin without leaving it dry and without the need to rinse with water for the first 2 weeks *hopefully*.

So, what's my total expenditure on this spree?
I did a calculation on all the items without discount.
*drumroll*

A whopping S$345!

But the amount I spent *Thanks to Sarah* was
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
S$ 241.50!
A total savings of S$103.50.
Wee~
Thanks FacesbySarah!!!

1 comment:

  1. Full of make up! Someone must have a cluttered cupboard now!

    ReplyDelete